Triplet Note In Logic 9

hi,i just start learning logic pro and i wonder that when writing midi note,can it be done like in ableton live when you just right click and choose the triple grit for 4/4 rhythm cause in the quantize field on transport bar there is just /8-/192 so i am having a hard time here :frowning:

also is there a way to move a single note in logic pro by an octave ? like in live when u hit shift + up/down arrow key ?

Hey manā€¦

See where the /16 is under the 4/4 in the transport bar in the Pic below?

If you stick the mouse on that & click, while moving the mouse up/downā€¦ youā€™ll get the triplets & the rest. The Grid will change when you openĀ itĀ - 8/12/16/24/32 etcā€¦ Its a global settingā€¦ think the main grid on the arrange changes too. So change it back when you are done.

Youā€™ll need to select 12 or 24 for triplets.

Also - If you select a note(s) in the piano roll - right click on it (Iā€™m sureā€¦ normally do it without thinking), and theres an option in the menu to transpose -/+ 12

oh thks so much,but i tried /12 and i see that 1-1.3 time bar,its different from in ableton ? anyway to adjust it like in ableton live ?

Thats how I do itā€¦ there might be another way - But I cant recall seeing anything in the menuā€™s about it - not to say that there isnt :slight_smile:

Logic Pro Help is probably going to be your best bet at this stageā€¦ do a search on it.

Or, not trying to beĀ smart mateā€¦ But try reading the manual section on itā€¦ Youā€™ll get the utter last word from there :cool:

Maybe someone else knows, but I dont think its possible.

you have been very helpful mate,now lets see if someone from SA can answer this :slight_smile:

[quote]blazin_beaver (22/03/2011)[hr]you have been very helpful mate,now lets see if someone from SA can answer this :)[/quote]

will have a quick look and get back to you tonight

thks bryan :slight_smile: also how do we get resampling in logic pro ? i mean just the reverb for the effect,in live its so easy just by resamling.

[quote]blazin_beaver (25/03/2011)[hr]thks bryan :slight_smile: also how do we get resampling in logic pro ? i mean just the reverb for the effect,in live its so easy just by resamling.[/quote]

apologies for the delay - copy of logic went missing after changing computers!

i will do a tech tip for you on resampling with logic

What bouthe the triplet grid ? did u tried ?

[quote]blazin_beaver (26/03/2011)[hr]What bouthe the triplet grid ? did u tried ?[/quote]

have you tried just selecting the notes you want and quantizing them to triplets . i.e. 1/12.

or change the division on screen by setting it to 1/12 in the transport bar ā† thats prob the most similar way to do it

Seems to be the only way afaik :cool: