Tutorial On Arrangement

I’d love to see a tutorial purely on arrangement, taking a pre-assembled 8 bar loop and turning it into a track. I realise there’s arrangement bits in every course on here, but I’d love to see it as this is where I’m really having difficulties at the moment.

Cheers.

Danny.

This is exactly what i have a problem in… making a 8bar loop then not going on to do much after, which leads to many incomplete projects.

Thumbs up for an ‘arrangment’ tutorial!!!

take a track you bought from beatport or whatever that you really like the arrangement of put that on one channel.use it as a reference for your arrangement.if you have a well developed hook it should be no problem laying it out.dont feel cheezy,most people get their start this way(a lot still go on to continue using a ghost track as a reference).

+1. I do that.

Ghost track? Thats all I end up with sometimes! :smiley:

+1 for this tutorial. Most of my tracks are unfinished :s

[quote]bobby lupo (18/08/2010)[hr]take a track you bought from beatport or whatever that you really like the arrangement of put that on one channel.use it as a reference for your arrangement.if you have a well developed hook it should be no problem laying it out.dont feel cheezy,most people get their start this way(a lot still go on to continue using a ghost track as a reference).[/quote]

I’m gonna do this, to many people have advised me this is the way to go in developing arrangement skills. Just annoys me I have so many tidy 8 or 16 bar loops waiting to be developed.

Well I am still using ghost tracks and its not even halloween yet :slight_smile:

well, unless they do this (i doubt it any time soon), I can help you get started.

Once you make your 8 bar loop… well, I would make all my for sure sounds. by this, i mean my staples. major drums, lead, chords, stabs, bassline, etc. From there, you want to drag in a track that you really like and mimic its arrangement. loop every 8 bars and advance by every 4 bars to hear what is happening. From there I would arrange it out fully to the end, and after that, i would adjust to taste. add fx etc.

its really that simple

its really that difficult