Uploading my own kicks into KICK?

I thought this plugin could upload my sample library kicks so I could then tweak further…have I misunderstood the plugin? :doze: Is it just wave generator, essentially? br
br
Will this feature be integrated? br
br
Additionally, I found a new skin online, how do I upload this?br
br
Cheers!

It’s primarily a kick synthesiser although you can load your samples in and use the click portion and modify the sub part.

[quote]phil johnston (14/01/2014)[hr]It’s primarily a kick synthesiser although you can load your samples in and use the click portion and modify the sub part.[/quote]br
br
Yeah sure. Personally though, it would make more sense to load a sample into the main part of the synth to tweak it because that’s where the main character comes from. Something for an updated version maybe? br
br
Can you help with the skin question? (also future update on this would be nice!)

The point is that only the click is where the hard to recreate character of a kick is… the sub of most kicks uses thew same pitch env sine… so you can recreate any kick sub of your samples or even better tune the sub to your track.br
br

[quote]phil johnston (15/01/2014)[hr]The point is that only the click is where the hard to recreate character of a kick is… the sub of most kicks uses thew same pitch env sine… so you can recreate any kick sub of your samples or even better tune the sub to your track.br
br
[/quote]br
br
If you have a bunch of kick samples, which most producers have spent years building, buying creating, then your starting point might want to be that, regardless of whether you can still reach that result using KICK. It could be complimentary, is what I’m getting at. I’ve already recommended KICK to a few people as I think it truly is a game changer but knowing your old samples could still be used in both sections would be exciting. :wink:

Thank goodness this is not yet another sampler… There is no point in making it possible to upload low-end samples in here… The point is to make a sound from scratch, the way YOU want it…br
br
I spent the last few years trying to make the sound I want for a kick my mashing up thousands of samples, but never manage to get what I want. After getting this synth I made my perfect sound in 10 minutes…br
br
The reason why it’s possible to load clicks as samples is because of the almost infinite possible frequency permutations possible in that range of the spectrum. The punch and low end is what we are trying to sculpt…

I bought it thinking the same thing. I would be awesome to load your own sample into the main frame. Hope that it will feature soon

Hi there @flev

Then Kick 2 will just become a sampler and that’s not why the plug-in was designed for.

You could eventually import your own kick samples into a click slot and mute Kick 2 Sub and be able to do some tweaks but again it was meant to create or re-create Kicks sounds.

Have you seen this course yet ? Assimilating Kicks in Kick 2 with Phil Johnston

Thank you. Off course you are right, it would still be fun though to twerk your kick samples inside a frame that is designed for making kicks. But its not a problem, already i feel freedom in making my own kicks inside Kick 2, and thanx for the course tip:-)

1 Like

Actually, not only it would be fun but it could really be an awesome feature if you could drop or import your own kick samples inside Kick 2 and have the plugin to analyze them and automatically set matching nodes and curves in the main & Amp sections. But then, though not being into development, I wonder if that’s even possible to program :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like