V.Interesting Vid

Cant argue with reason:

<EMBED height=349 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=The Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

This was pretty reasonable until he started talking about the catastrophes. From there, he does the usual “overblowing reality” routine that most environmentalists use as a means to frighten people into thinking that all of these catastrophic events like massive hurricanes, sea levels rising, population density increasing, dogs and cats living together, Jan producing techno, and slender learning the difference between “your” and “you’re” is all going to happen concurrently 10 minutes AFTER some scientist in Bern decides the world is ending.

The likelihood of this happening within our lifetimes is slim at best, and is scientifically more plausible over the course of many many centuries when we are long gone as a species and the bacteria and cockroaches (or, entities that adapt to environments much better than we do, AND don’t kill each other for money and power) are still roaming the planet annoying the other larger organisms that think they are gross.

I guess what I’m saying is that we are still so very egotistical in our belief that, 1) We are responsible for this, and 2) there is anything we can do to stop it. You’d think the human race would learn from our progression starting from our belief in an ethnocentric universe to the ability regarding particle collision happening today that we have absolutely NO CONTROL over our environment. Sh!t… We can’t even control the way the wind blows. How could we possibly control anything else?

J

Fk’s sake… its ONLY a Vid Jamie :stuck_out_tongue:

No…it’s just another example of how lawmakers and the powerful people who believe YOU and I should pay for something that may or may not happen are going to spin the argument to ensure that when you buy gas or hop on a plane, you will be taxed. Notice how the only word common to the conclusion he reaches at the end is “cost.” Who do you think is going to pick up the tab?

Environmentalists themselves are literally doing more to ruin our lives than any other collective on the planet. I don’t think global warming could do a better job of making everyone miserable. These people just simply will not stop until they have every last one of your dollars. So, sorry, but it isn’t just a video… This is real.

[quote]JamieinNC (29/07/2011)[hr]slender learning the difference between “your” and “you’re”

[quote]ICN (29/07/2011)[hr]

Ah hahahaha!!! Don’t forget the correct use of the words “to” and “too”

Sorry Slend… :stuck_out_tongue:

cries

is it the end of the world yet?

[quote]alinenunez (29/07/2011)[hr]is it the end of the world yet?[/quote]

No I asked them too hold on till after you put your chart up

As for the vid agree with Jamie - plus we are more likely to face an economic disaster way before global warming hits us

[quote]slender (29/07/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (29/07/2011)[hr]is it the end of the world yet?[/quote]

As for the vid agree with Jamie - plus we are more likely to face an economic disaster way before global warming hits us[/quote]

I hope a global warming disaster comes first, my bank statement is already an economic disaster!

[quote]gavisthename (29/07/2011)[hr][quote]slender (29/07/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (29/07/2011)[hr]is it the end of the world yet?[/quote]

As for the vid agree with Jamie - plus we are more likely to face an economic disaster way before global warming hits us[/quote]

I hope a global warming disaster comes first, my bank statement is already an economic disaster![/quote]

Actually if the euro and the dollar fails at the same time - your bank balance would not really matter

Then bring it on! :smiley:

The Prophecy was fulfilled when Slender learned how to spell… :smiley:

The apokolips is niy

Well we should be alright as that ain’t going to appen

Skeptik

[quote]slender (29/07/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (29/07/2011)[hr]is it the end of the world yet?[/quote]

[/quote]

lol