Vangelis Kostoxenakis - Zip It Remix Competition with Talk Of The Town / 15

Vangelis Kostoxenakis - Zip It Remix Competition with Talk Of The Town

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some wicked prizes.

The How To Make Tech House Zip It Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Talk Of The Town - VK’s own record label.
We know we have some of the best music-making communities anywhere in the world, and the level of production skills coming through our forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Vangelis Kostoxenakis are super stoked to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems and get busy in your studio!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘Zip It’ is chosen by VK, you can win a release on Talk Of The Town!* Exclusive to Traxsource then all other outlets.

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award-winning plugins, preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner-up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a £25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make Tech House - ‘Zip It’ with Vangelis Kotoxenakis - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in.

Already very nice tracks here ! Really digging the @WUAK remix :wink:

Like Vangelis Kostoxenakis said in his tutorial, “keep it fun” and bring your own flavor to his :sunny: track !

Take a chance for your music to be heard by him & the SA community & don’t forget to share & exchange about your respective work right here ! :smile:

Thanks @Tekalight . I’m have big fun and really liked to work on Vangelis stuff.

1 Like

Com’on guys & girls !! We are really expecting to see more entries here ! :smile:

So craft your best track and submit it !!

2 Weeks left to go… :wink:

Had A Good Amount Of Enjoyment Doing This Track, Really Enjoyed The Vocals. Glad I Got It In Before My Holiday… Thanks To Vangelis & SA For Allowing Me To Rework This One.

1 Like

Hey, just a few days left, we need some more remix entries for this cool track!

1 Like

Yes, I really agree with @FrankyCaldera and I’m quite surprised to see so few entries here :hushed:

This is a really cool track & Vangelis Kostoxenakis tutorial itself is a great course too ! There’s a lot to learn in terms of structured workflow that just work as well as sound design & processing, and if you think about the time he spent on it to share his techniques & knowledge, just that deserves more entries !!

Com’on, there’s still time to show some love and get involved ! :wink:

1 Like

how have i only just seen this today :frowning: - balls to it though, giving it a go

Hm.Only a few days left,wish i had seen the contest earlier…

@rob_okeane @wucker Still a bit time… Sure you can nail it guys !! :slight_smile:
Would be definitely nice to have your entries there !!

i’m actually giving it a go as i type… rushed to death, as started at 17.00 but better to try eh??

@rob_okeane That’s great & yes, definitely worth to give it a try !! Date & time submission limit is :

May 11, 2018, 23:59 PDT
May 12, 2018, 06:59 BST

So if you’re hard at work you can manage !!

Good Luck & enjoy this cool track to remix :wink:

Cheers !

Arhhhhh I’ve rushed this remix through this evening, uploaded it and just realised I have my dates wrong, tomorrow isn’t the 12th :weary:

Good luck everyone else

1 Like

@rob_okeane LOL, not bad for a rushed one !!
Thanks for submitting :clap:

Till got some time & if you want be aware that you can re-upload your track if you’re not happy with it !! :smile:

Good Luck !!

1 Like

Thanks mate… my first time of trying a remix, so depending on what time I finish work tomorrow, I might give it another master or even decide to go with my first entry, if the beer monster makes me drink after work

LOL :smile: Yeah!! You’re damn right, how many Friday’s evening mixes compromised by the :beers: monster already!!

1 Like

Thanks for all latest submissions ! :sunny:

Would be great to reach 20 & more !! :heart_eyes:

Still time to polish your mix & submit it, so If you’re still crafting your perfect track, just be sure to upload before the dead line:

May 11, 2018, 23:59 PDT
May 12, 2018, 06:59 BST

Good Luck to everyone !! :wink:

The beer monster was on strike for me today, so I managed to tweak my mix a little. Cheer again and good luck to everyone

:wink: Will have a new listen then !! You’ll catch that lazy monster next Friday then & you gonna tell him he owns you one for letting you down today !!

1 Like

BTW : Vangelis Kostoxenakis just posted this TOTT EP Preview on SoundCloud a few hours ago, have a listen !!

https://soundcloud.com/vangeliskostoxenakis/sets/zip-it-ep-talk-of-the-town