Very interesting article on the state of electronic music

Written by Stefan Goldmannbr
br
Very deep. Discusses various topics surrounding electronic music production and the industry as a wholebr
br
br
http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/feature/everything-popular-is-wrong-making-it-in-electronic-music-despite-democratization/#.UZlyH5iQ-Uk

Thanks for this,br
br
This is pretty depressing, especially the part about how theres more producers out there then potential fans haha. If we wanna make it now we gotta have an unique super hero style costume! plus amazing music

great article with some very good points./PPi like this point:/PPnbsp;Whoever wanted to be heard adequately needed well distributed releases. That is, having recorded material in the first place. The means for producing such recordings were so expensive that at some point only big corporations could spare the funds to pay for the required studio time and personnel. The effect of this economic barrier to resources was that a couple of hundred artists and bands gained access to an audience of millions. Once a recording was produced it enjoyed a long life in the market due to the lack of competition that otherwise would have pushed it off the store shelves. Only under these conditions did the huge, continuous investments in promotion and distribution actually make economic sense in those times and circumstances./PPEMStefan Goldmann/EM

If we wanna make it now we gotta have an unique super hero style costume! plus amazing musicP+1/PPdaft punk!!/PPA href="Home | Edmonton Journal"Home | Edmonton Journal

I thought this was a very good article, and i do agree with much that was said in it.br
br
However, i would be a little more optimistic about the future.br
br
We have to remember that, it is not just the music industry that is changing. It is the WHOLE WORLD! The internet and digital technology has changed so much about our lives, and will continue to do so going forward in ways we can’t even imagine right now.br
br
My point is - you might be surprised what happens with respect to music, and peoples attitudes to the people who make the music, in the future. Maybe much won’t change in the next few years or so, but longer term i think there’s a real chance that many people might evaluate the way they consume the arts, and how much they are actively supporting it etc.br
br
So if you are now making music to try and get rich and famous quickly, sure chances are you’re heading for big disappointment. But if you simply love making dance music, and you would be happy doing it all your life for free, then you might be surprised what opportunities come your way in the future, if you are good enough and you have total commitment and dedication to what you do.

If you appreciated this article, you might like my blog at:br
br
www.thinkingmansclubbing.combr
br
Check it out and feel free to leave comments on what you think - get involved!br
br