VERY strange question!

guys…

my usual seat for producing is a drum stool, due to it having no arms, low enough for my desk and just all round easier to sit on…

but, either because of my fat asre or cos the seats aint sposed to be used for such long periods, both of the last 2 seats have busted legs, hard seats (where the sponge has flattened out) and the actual seat bit is about to snap off the stand…

so my question is, can any of you guys recommend a real comfy seat that you use for producing. need something thats gonna last these long hours we spend sitting at the pc. Ikea, Argos, etc etc? links would be beautiful.

cheers!

ps my asre hurts (from the seat ICN nothing else!)

Im planning on getting a nice comfy one with arms from ikea … one that has wheels and can move up and down but also one that you can change the back on so it can move forward and back so i can get as comfy as possible and at the right angle and height

nice nice, dont really want arms on mine as i play guitar too and its a pain in the asre keep hitting the arms with the body or the neck. no pun intended

i dont know of many really comfy chairs with no arms but perhaps you could just take the ikea ones off and have the seat and the back

A few tips when you consider seating - its amazing how much damage someone can do to their back in the long term - also reccomended to take breaks such as make a cuppa do some strecthing exercises once every 2 hours

[quote]

1 Sit close to your desk with your hands resting on the surface.

2 Adjust the height of the seat so your upper arms are parallel to your spine and your elbows are bent at a 90 degree angle.

3 Adjust the height of your feet with an adjustable footrest so that you can easily slide your finger beneath your thigh on the front edge of the seat.

4 Your bottom should be against the back of the chair with a slight arch in your back.

5 Be sure you are not slouching or leaning forward.

6 Raise your computer screen so that it rests at eye level and you do not need to strain your neck to look at it.

7 Position the arm rests so your arms are slightly lifted at the shoulders.[/quote]

[quote]slender (28/12/2010)[hr]A few tips when you consider seating - its amazing how much damage someone can do to their back in the long term - also reccomended to take breaks such as make a cuppa do some strecthing exercises once every 2 hours

[quote]

1 Sit close to your desk with your hands resting on the surface.

2 Adjust the height of the seat so your upper arms are parallel to your spine and your elbows are bent at a 90 degree angle.

3 Adjust the height of your feet with an adjustable footrest so that you can easily slide your finger beneath your thigh on the front edge of the seat.

4 Your bottom should be against the back of the chair with a slight arch in your back.

5 Be sure you are not slouching or leaning forward.

6 Raise your computer screen so that it rests at eye level and you do not need to strain your neck to look at it.

7 Position the arm rests so your arms are slightly lifted at the shoulders.[/quote]

[/quote]

wow thats shown me that i sit wrong haha thanx dude

I’ve studied Occupational health and safety - so glad I could make some use of it :slight_smile:

I have this from ikea [url=http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101]Products - IKEA I can sit on this for 16 hours with no issues, very comfy and you can take the arms off

i gotta say that i’ve never found a chair thats not broken with in a year but that because i sit like a freak with my legs folded, always leaning to my left with me left elbow rested on the er rest haha usually within the year the chair will snap and i will smash face first into what ever is to my left hand side.

Its never mattered if i’ve spent £39.99 or £399 on the chair I’ve broke them all :slight_smile:

IF I EVER FIND THE PERFECT CHAIR I WILL LET YOU KNOW hahahahahaha

ooo that looks nice gofunk. ill look into it. thank you all for the replies

You should try lying down when making music. It very therapeutic!

You need something with adjustable arm rests, also you need lumbar support and pref something that gives your whole back support.

You need to be able to adjust the height of the chair so you can get to a suitable comfortable height to your desk.

The arm rests should be around level to the desk that your keyboard is on so your elbows are rested comfortably at a perfect level.

Dude… a stool isn’t your friend lol, remember you’re spending hours on that seat, you need something that’s comfortable and fully supportive.

[quote]Roben (28/12/2010)[hr]you need something that’s comfortable and fully supportive.

[/quote]

Eggs Mum ?

Good call! :wink: