Vince watson tutorial

What an awesome tutorial from Vince Watson! Good work getting this one Phil.br
br
So interesting to see the way this man works. He hardly used any compression or reverb in the whole track, right?br
br
And just subtle EQ on each of the elements. Amazing to see.br
br
Are you able to follow up with some kind of question and answer session with Vince. I am thinking, if members sent in some questions for him relating to what he does in the tutorial, and then you collate them and email them to Vince, and he comes back with some further info.br
br
Would be really interested in asking him a few things as the way he works is amazing, such a great sound with the minimum of FX and processing etc!

This tutorial has definitely plugged a gap in the SA content. The deeper, melodic style courses on here previously were a mixture of thorough with a mediocre end product or highly promising but lacking any depth. Vince’s tutorial is excellently put together with an excellent end product. And no cheese, boomcore, boomstep, dubcore, trip-step, crap-step etc. in sight.br
br
Well done SA. Now more of the same, please! :slight_smile:

Agreed- the sound that Vince gets at the end of the tutorial is fantastic, nice and deep and melodic, yet quite a driving groove to boot!br
br
Like you said, i think this really fills a hole in the content that Sonic have before, such a good addition to the tutorials.

Agreed, for me this is one of the best tutorials i’ve seen in a very long time.br
br
Covers all aspects that i’m interested in, and genre wise it’s spot onbr
br
Good work for getting this one on the site lads

Makes me want to get a really big screen like Vince has as well.br
br
Did you see the size of those faders in Ableton in Vince’s tutorial - Nice!br
br
Good to have that much screen real estate when working in Ableton where it’s all done on one screen.

It’s the only way mate, i’ve been using a couple of 27" monitors for a while now and if i use anything smaller i struggle big time!

Yeah, this is really good stuff. Really interesting to see his workflow, plenty of really excellent tips./PPGreat work on this one :slight_smile:

This was by far the best tutorial for me also. Hope to see more like that.

I absolutely loved this particular tutorial. It was very educational to see how judicious Vince is about EQing all the parts as he builds up a groove. I am sure whoever does his mastering work appreciates it. It’s pretty obvious that his approach is why his tracks always seem to be EXTREMELY well polished.

Agree. I haven’t worked it but I’ve viewed some of it. I feel that and the Alex Tepper show a very musical, linear way of working which doesn’t let the technology get too much in the way. And of course the now well-known technique of using Sampler (not Simpler) as a sound choosing device is fantastic. Can’t think of any easier way to do it. One MIDI part, which never needs changing, no hot-swapping, and can dial through 128 kicks or whatever as the track plays. Thinking of buying Sampler just for that.