Virus ti snow, now looking at the Slim Phatty

Need some help. Just picked up the Virus ti snow, now looking at the Slim Phatty for pure analogue sounds. Do you believe it would be justified? I already own Virus ti. Finally going to have the money to get 3 months subscription for a test run. I know some swear analogue is God of sound, and some say virus ti is worthy. So those who truly know analogue, please hook me up with some pointers before 700 dollar purchase.

If you want the sound and dont mind not having the box try U-he Diva… it sounds as good as any analog synth ive heard. You need a fast CPU tho

[quote]phil johnston (27/03/2014)[hr]If you want the sound and dont mind not having the box try U-he Diva… it sounds as good as any analog synth ive heard. You need a fast CPU tho[/quote]br
br
But, what about those who say you can’t get true analogue sound, without an analogue synth ? Do you believe my Virus ti snow is more than plenty for trance music? Do you believe it would be wasted money for a slim? When I start the analogue course, wouldn’t I get the most out of it, by using Slim phatty? I believe you about U-He-Diva, is the quality on par with true analogue sound?

Ive had a bunch of Analog synths over the years… they are cool and good fun but now plugins really do sound as good. br
br
Its really all down to the filters. the DSP code used in Diva, Monark etc are using component modeled zero delay filters which produce all the non linear artifacts of true analog synths with the benifit of far better workflow (and many instances).br
br
For trance especially, Pure analog can be a limiting factor in creating some sounds that use faster envelopes like plucks and tight basses. real analog envelopes are just too slow to give the proper attack.br
br

I have Little Phatty, it is nice synth for funky house. But not for trance, the envelopes are realy slow.br
br
The Sub Phatty is a better choice, those envelopes are realy fast.br
br