Vocals with extreme effects

Let me start off saying that if i hadn’t found SA i would never have continued making music. thank you for existing<3 :slight_smile:

Anyway. I’m wondering how to achieve a floaty whispery House vocal effect like on this track:

Elements - song and lyrics by Dinka | Spotify

starts at 3:43

Tensnake - Something About You (Official Video) - YouTube 2 minutes and 12 sec

same kind of extreme house vocals that i want to achieve.

How do i do to make it sound like that? it sound like it has been compressed very much and boosted on the EQ around 10 - 20k for clarity. Also much large reverb. And I’m beginning to suspect they have also layered a track where she whispers aswell… They have probably sidechained the reverb and delay also.

Even though i know all this.and i’ve tried it all. i don’t get the same floaty sound. (by floaty i mean a lot of high frequencies and clarity… its so graceful).

I don’t get the clarity. Also there is like a reverse reverb before the vocals start. how do i do that?

theres so much effects i don’t know where to start… thanks in advance Sonic academy

[quote]wild_donkeyJR (09/07/2011)[hr]Let me start off saying that if i hadn’t found SA i would never have continued making music. thank you for existing<3 :slight_smile:

Anyway. I’m wondering how to achieve a floaty whispery House vocal effect like on this track:

Elements - song and lyrics by Dinka | Spotify

starts at 3:43

Tensnake - Something About You (Official Video) - YouTube 2 minutes and 12 sec

same kind of extreme house vocals that i want to achieve.

How do i do to make it sound like that? it sound like it has been compressed very much and boosted on the EQ around 10 - 20k for clarity. Also much large reverb. And I’m beginning to suspect they have also layered a track where she whispers aswell… They have probably sidechained the reverb and delay also.

Even though i know all this.and i’ve tried it all. i don’t get the same floaty sound. (by floaty i mean a lot of high frequencies and clarity… its so graceful).

I don’t get the clarity. Also there is like a reverse reverb before the vocals start. how do i do that?

theres so much effects i don’t know where to start… thanks in advance Sonic academy

[/quote]

just sounds like a big reverb with a long delay time on it.

high passed also.

there isn’t really much more to it from what i can hear.