Vote for Me! :))

Roben, just being selected for this is an achievement in it’s self. who cares who wins. At the end of the day some people have listened to the entries and selected yours for the vote. Well done and good luck.

good effort man but had to give my vote to Robaco Bossá, seriously above the competition on that page, hope there’s not hard feelings bro

No that’s fine mate, in all honesty i’d probably vote him too if i wasn’t in it. I’ve given up anyways, i’ve no hope of winning against a Defected producer. Although i’ve gotta admit it’s a bit like me entering a DJ competiton, it wouldn’t be fair on the bedroom DJ entrants lol :slight_smile:

Life goes on right, i’m happy it even got selected :slight_smile:

not had chance to have a listen myself yet but this thread brings up another question to me “is it right for a producer with multiple released tracks on numerous big labels to enter a competion for budding amatuer producers”

i know its probally not against the rules of the competion but it sounds like lewis hamilton entering a go kart race at his local track yeah there’s no rule against it but its still wrong

if your putting tracks out on labels like defected why enter competions like this and take it away from the up and coming talent it stinks to me…

like roben said it would be like him entering a dj competion…as a full time dj it would not be fair on the up and coming bedroom dj talent

rant over anyway lol just my two pennith worth;);):wink:

[quote]chris17 (10/04/2010)[hr]not had chance to have a listen myself yet but this thread brings up another question to me “is it right for a producer with multiple released tracks on numerous big labels to enter a competion for budding amatuer producers”

i know its probally not against the rules of the competion but it sounds like lewis hamilton entering a go kart race at his local track yeah there’s no rule against it but its still wrong

if your putting tracks out on labels like defected why enter competions like this and take it away from the up and coming talent it stinks to me…

like roben said it would be like him entering a dj competion…as a full time dj it would not be fair on the up and coming bedroom dj talent

rant over anyway lol just my two pennith worth;););)[/quote]

they never know how enters those comps, i’ve read in interviews before of several big name producers even entering comps under different names

[quote]jon_fisher (10/04/2010)[hr][quote]chris17 (10/04/2010)[hr]not had chance to have a listen myself yet but this thread brings up another question to me “is it right for a producer with multiple released tracks on numerous big labels to enter a competion for budding amatuer producers”

rant over anyway lol just my two pennith worth;););)[/quote]

they never know how enters those comps, i’ve read in interviews before of several big name producers even entering comps under different names[/quote]

yeah your right jon theres no way of knowing for the people running the comps my gripe is not the the people running the competions its the moral’s behind accomplished producers who have tracks released and have already have made there mark entering competions aimed for beginners there pro’s and should stand back be proud of what they’ve achieved and let the up and coming producers have there break i know these comps are usually popularity competions in the end but pro’s entering just makes it even harder for new talent coming through to get the break they deserve…

Nice one Roben, vote from me;)

i totally agree with you chris, if you are already a pro producer and getting releases on labels than why the hell do you need to enter these comps. i remember a couple of months back the depeche mode remix contest winner turned out to be a pro producer with a total of over 30 label releases under his belt. its not against the rules but feel like if i was a accomplished producer than i would let other get the chance to win and get some exposure

Well maybe it’s because everyone likes to win, and winning stuff makes you feel good about yourself.

I know we’re all very humble on this forum, but there are a lot of people out there who arn’t.

In the end of the day, i wouldn’t do DJ competions because i’ve done my fair share and won my fair share, i’ve proven myself now and have no need to do any more, also there there to give up and comings a chance and get noticed.

It’s the same with remix competitions, they’re supposed to be there to give up and comings a shot.

I know i’m not pro in production, i still have a long way to go, but things like this is a nice thing for your confidence if you win as well as a tester to see how you do and see how people react to your work.

It can be a real knock to your motivation/confidence when you do bad when you’ve worked hard at giving things a shot, but i know i have no chance against the likes of an established producer already. So if i knew pros were going to enter, i wouldn’t have bothered.

A big reason i wanted to win was because of the opportunity to pick up some “key” tips to success within audio recording & mastering at Massive Masters.

Anyways i’ve already been accepted into this Digital Production course which starts in Sept so i’ve got that to look forward to, hopefully they can help me take my production skills to the next level.