W&W-Square Lead Sound

Alright guys

Anyone who follows Trance knows that one of the biggest rising names in the industry is W&W. Been listening to all of their tracks and cant get enough of the distinctive square lead sound. Mainstage and Alpha to be exact. If anyone has any tips or knowledge on how to create a similar lead, i would be very grateful. Running on Logic Pro 8 at min.

Thanks

Ryan

alpha is a sick track. :w00t:

dunno how they did it though!

been messing around trying to get sounds like that on sylenth and dis is what i did,

two saws in part A with 8 voices and both taken down an octave and detuned…

as for part b, one with white noise and the other with a square down an octave and detuned… all the sounds have retrig off too…

as for the effects in sylenth…

distortion is the main thing, using the foldback setting use only less than a quater of the knob and the basic eq delay and compression…

for the notes i started on c2, then another on c3 then c4 but u dont have to do it that way i just did… and once u get the right notes it should sound like that…

hope that helps and u make the sound :slight_smile:

[quote]deanmau5 (07/01/2011)[hr]been messing around trying to get sounds like that on sylenth and dis is what i did,

two saws in part A with 8 voices and both taken down an octave and detuned…

as for part b, one with white noise and the other with a square down an octave and detuned… all the sounds have retrig off too…

as for the effects in sylenth…

distortion is the main thing, using the foldback setting use only less than a quater of the knob and the basic eq delay and compression…

for the notes i started on c2, then another on c3 then c4 but u dont have to do it that way i just did… and once u get the right notes it should sound like that…

hope that helps and u make the sound :)[/quote]

thanks dude! I am gunna try this later!

no bother :slight_smile: been using it on some of my songs… just make sure the notes are right or you will go completley off wat ur looking for!

Check out ummet ozcan sylenth soundbank and the syrus presets. Good starting point.

Thanks kiddo

Some really good sounds in here, gonna ramp it up a notch though and invest in a Access Virus TI Snow.

I think the actuall lead W&W use does come from the virus ti.

Check out the Sean Tyas Future Music tutorial hes actually remixing a W&W track and does a good job of replicating their lead.

yeah i watched tyas in that vid the other day. really informative stuff.

I think I did a sweet job creating their sound and I am sure W&W would agree !

Its on my soundcloud right here ---->  www.soundcloud.com/fiendmusic

Cheers

Yeah I have that issue and DVD kiddo and I agree it’s really good…probably one of the best DVD’s Future Music has provided me with.