Want a new headphones. Help needed!

Well, i want to buy a new headphones to use in the studio. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Quite a few threads on this already, but on most threads it seems agreed that Sennheiser HD650’s are among the best…

No matter what though you cant take peoples words on buying 200-300 quid cans, you gotta go down to wherever it is sold and test out whatever you can before making a decision…

[quote]MistroPain (12/12/2011)[hr], you gotta go down to wherever it is sold and test out whatever you can before making a decision…[/quote]

That :slight_smile:

I’ve got the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for over a year now and i am very very happy with them:) They really sound good :P 

Look here:

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Search1-2-1.aspx?SessionID=4lgjl0avv251q3r5dpy5tgfa&SortBy=1&SortOrder=1

I agree with Mistro 100%

Don’t just go with what people say and then buy online. Go to the nearest audio store near you and try a bunch out.

I went into a music store thinking 95% that I wanted to buy the beyerdynamic DT880 pro’s cause everyone was recommending them to me and I was just going in to “confirm” that I wanted the beyer’s. Ended up walking out with the AKG MKII 271’s and have no regrets. I love them. The beyers were way too bass heavy for my needs, so much so that it would cut some of the mid for the overpowering bass, which is extremely frustrating for mixing.

My point being: everyone has different tastes in everything. So dont just go for what someone recommends, do online research and in person research, your ears and wallet will thank you, believe me!

If you like the KRK sound check out the KRK KNS headphones. Not too expensive neither.

yes i want to hear some opines and check them live if i have opportunity. In my country don’t have to much audio stores with this type of material, only the normal headphones for mp3,iPhones,… are more common.

I also check the Monster Beats and they have a amazing sound but they’re very expensive.

[quote]JohnnyLabs (13/12/2011)[hr]
I also check the Monster Beats and they have a amazing sound but they’re very expensive.[/quote]

These are absolute shi t, they are not for production, they are only for people who care more about the badge than the product.

[quote]TheAnt (13/12/2011)[hr][quote]JohnnyLabs (13/12/2011)[hr]

I also check the Monster Beats and they have a amazing sound but they’re very expensive.[/quote]

These are absolute shi t, they are not for production, they are only for people who care more about the badge than the product.[/quote]

i supposed someone gonna tell me that lol

I own some Beats by Dre’s Studio’s which I use for production. Only reason I got em was cause I found em cheap second hand at 150 quid. Still regret that decision…

Trust me when I say Ant is absolutely correct, they are garbage and will play tricks on you.

[quote]MistroPain (13/12/2011)[hr]I own some Beats by Dre’s Studio’s which I use for production. Only reason I got em was cause I found em cheap second hand at 150 quid. Still regret that decision…
Trust me when I say Ant is absolutely correct, they are garbage and will play tricks on you.
[/quote]

Err, sorry Mistro :ermm:

When I started I bought a pair of Edirol Ma-15d as monitors, they were completely useless and a waste of money. When I upgraded I probably spent more than I needed to so I didn’t make the same mistake again.

The good thing with the beats is you will be able to sell them for about the same as you bought them.

Thats assuming they dont snap in half before you sell them! Which happens to pretty much anyone I know who has beats. They arent worth it, buy something that can take a little more abuse. Beats are for people who like to follow trends and “look” cool. Ask anyone who owns them a technical question and I guarantee more often than not you’ll get a completely useless answer :stuck_out_tongue:

They dont even show the specs on their site, (or atleast didnt at the time I bought mine), they just say that they have a good response and that you’ll “hear everything the producer wanted you to hear”, but no data to back it up.

If you can’t make it out to a store, read a ton of use reviews, its the best you can do. And I would say spend a little more rather than a little less than your target price, because you will really appreciate the quality further down the road when your sound starts to develop. Also, if they are good quality it saves you the time of getting used to one pair just to have them break on you quickly.

After all i choose Audio-Technica ATH-M50. They have a really great sound!!!

Happy to read that you also have purchased the ath-m50, they will sound even better after hours of listening. They are one of my best purchases in my life :smiley:

Sennheiser HD 650 - absolutely no equal!

expensive as all hell but well worth it!

i’m really happy with this ones i got :slight_smile: