Welcome to Brighton mofos! FAT BOY

This video gets me hyped up every time.

250,000 people all partying on Brighton beach! :slight_smile:

Love brighton, wish I still lived there

To be fair Manchester is a cool place too Stu, even if it doesnt have a beach lol.

How comes you moved there? & when?

[quote]roben (28/08/2010)[hr]To be fair Manchester is a cool place too Stu, even if it doesnt have a beach lol.

How comes you moved there? & when?

[/quote]

Bout 2 years ago when I left, when to bimm to study guitar. Was there for about 2 years, loved it, great place. Used to spend every weekend in either audio or the volks haha. Then got a job in Digital, so messy times were had to say the least :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah love manc as well, great place to be for techno heads!

Didn’t someone die at that event? To be fair 250,000 people on a beach at one time - statistically probably someone has to die at that!

can’t stand hims or his music, i’ve never liked anything he’s ever done and don’t think i ever will and i also think he’s the most over rated dj/producer/Remixer.

But each to their own if we all like the same things it would be a boring world. :slight_smile:

haha Jon… aaaannnd breathe :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah i know what you mean, i dont rate him as a dj, he can be entertaining though. He’s a talented producer but his music’s never really been for me.

I do love the big beach boutique set though, i have the DVD of the whole thing, gets me up n jumpin all the time as I love all the tracks on it, good party vibes.

Bouffont yes unfortunately one person did, the event was never expected to become so popular. Was a free party on the beach, got a bit out of hand. I was in Ibiza at the time (and living in Devon anyways) so i missed it, but would have loved to have been there.

i understand why people like him, he’s just never been my thing.

Brighton Beach on the other hand is top banana :slight_smile:

That’s ashame that someone died there.

Would have been better if it was his career!:w00t:

seems that England is more accepting of EDM than USA.

by the way i dont know if my friend was talking **** but he wants to bring Fatboy Slim to his Event . he told me he charge his booking at 20,000.00

i dont know to believe it .but man that is lot of money for Fatboy Slim !!!

What does ‘EDM’ stand for? I keep seeing it being mentioned here.

Electronic Dance Music?

[quote]roben (30/08/2010)[hr]What does ‘EDM’ stand for? I keep seeing it being mentioned here.[/quote]

Oh roben what have you started :smiley:

EDM = Edible Dairy Maid

[quote]saulable (30/08/2010)[hr]Electronic Dance Music?[/quote]

Why did you tell him?! :smiley:

[quote]saulable (30/08/2010)[hr]Electronic Dance Music?[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]alinenunez (30/08/2010)[hr]seems that England is more accepting of EDM than USA.

by the way i dont know if my friend was talking **** but he wants to bring Fatboy Slim to his Event . he told me he charge his booking at 20,000.00

i dont know to believe it .but man that is lot of money for Fatboy Slim !!![/quote]

i don’t know if thats 100% true or not but there was and article in Mix magazine or Dj mag a few years back stating booking prices for top djs.

Fatboy was around £27k

Tiesto around £30k

PDV around £35k

i don’t know if you would be talking that much to have them play at your events, this was probably more about how much they earn from one of their own events.

at their own events you can probably say 12000 people at £45 a ticket = £540k + all the merchandise, drinks, food and other crap sold at the event.

• the price of the venue
  • the price of equipment hire
  • the price of warm up acts
  • license & insurance
  • ticket distribution & advertising

= £27k in pocket is probably a realistic figure.

playing at a club or smaller venue at £10-£20 per ticket = crazy talk because you would never make the money to cover his fee.

[quote]ICN (30/08/2010)[hr][quote]saulable (30/08/2010)[hr]Electronic Dance Music?[/quote]

Why did you tell him?! :D[/quote]

I’m a nice guy, what can I say?

I prefer: Ecstatic Dance Monkeys

[quote]jon_fisher (30/08/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (30/08/2010)[hr]seems that England is more accepting of EDM than USA.

i dont know to believe it .but man that is lot of money for Fatboy Slim !!![/quote]

i don’t know if thats 100% true or not but there was and article in Mix magazine or Dj mag a few years back stating booking prices for top djs.

Fatboy was around £27k

Tiesto around £30k

PDV around £35k

i don’t know if you would be talking that much to have them play at your events, this was probably more about how much they earn from one of their own events.

at their own events you can probably say 12000 people at £45 a ticket = £540k + all the merchandise, drinks, food and other crap sold at the event.

• the price of the venue
  • the price of equipment hire
  • the price of warm up acts
  • license & insurance
  • ticket distribution & advertising

= £27k in pocket is probably a realistic figure.

playing at a club or smaller venue at £10-£20 per ticket = crazy talk because you would never make the money to cover his fee.[/quote]

:w00t: wow that just crazy !!!