What do you think of this track?

What do you think of this track?br
br
Opinions/Thoughts/Feedback please?br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F83517273”/iframe

For god’s sake- why have so many people viewed the page yet not a single comment!br
br
Can you please take just 10 secs out of your time to leave at least some feedback. br
br
Forums for track feedback just dont work if no-one can be bothered to get involved and leave comments.br
br
Sort it out people!

i think it sounds pretty good. It’s got that deep tech house vibe, i like the drums a lot. I think its a good mix, i enjoyed listening to it. but don’t be so mad dood. People get around to it when they can, being mean doesn’t change anything!

[quote]davidmclean (17/03/2013)[hr]For god’s sake- why have so many people viewed the page yet not a single comment!br
br
Can you please take just 10 secs out of your time to leave at least some feedback. br
br
Forums for track feedback just dont work if no-one can be bothered to get involved and leave comments.br
br
Sort it out people![/quote]br
br
I agree, no one really leaves comments. Its the same people commenting on other peoples music. But rest assured, I know who comments on others tracks and whenever I see their track I always give a thoughtful feedback

This sounds really good! br
br
Mix is very clean. Has a really nice groove to it. Definitely has my head bobbin back and forth as I type this up. Nice blend on the bass and synths, they sound really good together. Breakdown is great as well. Gives a very nice wide spacey sound. However I think you should introduce the main synth in a little slower at 3:04, it’ll help build anticipation!

You are right there David.br
br
But to stay on topic, I do like your track. Nice tech house tune. Though it’s missing something to stand out of the pletora of tech house tunes released daily.br
br
Things I’d add would be:br

• nice fills (especially drum rolls, etc)br
  • vocal stabs or some cool vocal from a movie/trailer.br
  • crashes you use could be a bit more prominent and with a bigger tail (reverb)

Thanks guys. Sorry didn’t mean to get a bit frustrated. It’s just i think we need to try and create a bit more of a culture of listening to each others tracks and giving help, advice and feedback a bit more.br
br
After all, when you think about it, i guess the section of the forum where people post tracks and get feedback from others, should be the most important and active section of the forum at all - this is what gives direct and highly relevant feedback to aspiring producers and helps them to improve their music the most!br
br
So i’ll message Phil now and mention to him that i think we need to try and promote people listening to other peoples tracks more and leaving feedback - hopefully that will make a difference!br
br
Thanks to everyone how has left some feedback so far though - appreciated!

Hey Davidbr
br
Overall well mixed. The arrangement moves along nicely.br
br
The clap/snare seems too low in the mix and not wide enough. It’s a bit dry too - is there any room reverb on it?br
br
I’d second all of daniaan comments too. Needs more fills and prominent crashes.br
br
I think that the main thing it’s missing for me is more drama. There’s a feeling that the energy stays quite high for the whole track with no let up. If that’s your aim then that’s cool but I prefer tracks that go up and down more with their energy.

Thanks jonsloan - yeah i clearly need to add some fills, and some more atmospheric crashes/heavily reverbed parts and FX.br
br
Also i was thinking that maybe the overall balance between tension and release isn’t as good as it needs to be, so looking to make some changes in that area.br
br
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far.br
br
If anyone else wants to comment i would be very grateful - keep them coming guys.

Good energy,br
almost too much in your big breakdown, I think a breakdown with almost no energy could do well in this track, it seems like you bring the drums back in a little too soon,br
give the clubber a chance to get a breather before you wallop them with the drums again.br
br
I really like the bass, it would pull me to a dancefloorbr
br
cant comment on the mix because im on a ****ty speaker rite now but its got a good track.

Nicely mixed track, only thing I would say is it sounds like the same elements through a lot of the track without a huge amount of variation, for my ears I would prefer it if it had some extra things added throughout with a crescendo at the end.br
br
Stu

Great sound you’ve got on your track Running Back Stu - what’s with the start of the track though?br
br
Get the start sorted and you’ve got a real nice track there mate.

What do you mean? And bit off topic lol…

Had a quick listen to your tracks and really liked that one.br
br
But would be nice with a start with the drums