What hasn't been covered

There’s a lot of tutorials on S.A now and most people have a little something that relates to their favourite styles. But I was wondering what hasn’t actually been covered yet?

I’d like to see something maybe “generic”.

Like a series of golden rules.

Do a vid on

Kicks / Bass / Gelling Kick & Bass together / Compression / Reverb / Delay / Pads / Atmos / Whatever

I know a lot of that stuff has been covered in all the vids… but it would be nice to see it condensed - If that makes sense?

Know every genre will have its own considerations… but just from Phil’s POV - it would be nice to see some vids where he just gives a lecture, rather than focus on “Get that sound” - if y’know what I mean?

Ambient sounds

Well, for genres:

In-Depth Progressive House (or at least the kind that’s being made now, what with SHM, Fedde, Kim Fai, Tim Mason)

Glitch-Hop

Chillwave

Hip-Hop

In Depth Dubstep

Indie Dance (like Bloody Beetroots, Boyz Noize)

Dutch House (not that I particularly want a tutorial on this… No offense, I’m sure people think my music sounds like ****e, but ergh, Dutch House. weeeweeeweeeweewwee)

Ambient

Moombahton

Latin House

Euro-Style House (it’s hard to describe what this is, but I’m thinking Stromae, Edward Maya)

and finally, I know it’s ridiculous and selfish to say, but it’s just because I feel like the Glitch-Step house veered off from this, but Hard Electro House (Mikkas, Porter Robinson, Darth and Vader, Lazy Rich, Miles Dyson, Mord Fustang, ack my favs)

In terms of concepts not covered:

Mixing (although I hear that’s coming soon)

Proper ways to get the bass and kick to sit together (I assume this varies genre-by-genre)

In-Depth Multiband Compression

In-Depth EQing

and Max for Live… even though it’s a hellish program, I’d like to sort of learn it.

i would love to learn how to create great percussion lines. without using p remade loops.

a tutorial for it would be awesome :smiley:

I know this sounds kinda drab, but I would love to see a little video on an efficient way to organize your sample files, etc. Maybe there’s a way that’s more efficient than what I already do, etc.

I would also like to see some ambient, chill out, trip hop kinda stuff too.

With that being said, I love alot of the stuff that’s already up here. Great stuff.

how to play live

im trying to work out a setup at the minute and its hard to get my head round

i know other people have wanted that before as well

but yeah stuff more around concepts rather than specific “how to sound like”

i know that those type of tuts are teaching the concepts by application in a particular context but they can be annoying to sit thru

the last couple of new ones have looked good - found sounds etc

i night even re subscribe :blush:

I think we need some other genres of trance being covered…

… under a foot of clay :stuck_out_tongue: :hehe: :cool:

[quote]jjdejong0 (17/04/2011)[hr]I think we need some other genres of trance being covered…[/quote] surely there cant be much difference between different types of trance? Goa trance and gay trance and pants trance…oh i get it your takin the piss out of up again arent you? Sorry mate, you nearly had me there!

[quote]jjdejong0 (17/04/2011)[hr]I think we need some other genres of trance being covered…[/quote] surely there cant be much difference between different types of trance? Goa trance and gay trance and pants trance…oh i get it your takin the piss out of us again arent you? Sorry mate, you nearly had me there!

trance electronic…

W&W

ummet ozcan

sied van riel

a new dubstep ableton tutorial or a re-make of the french house ableton tutorial.