What is the bar structure to Trance?

Hey I am making a new trance song and I would like to make sure that I am keeping the bar lenghts correct. My intro is 32 bars (4 completely zoomed out bars), and I know a trance drop is usually 16 bars which is perfect since that can play twice even 4 times. So I am awkwardly stuck at 48 bars on the driving part right after the intro (builds up and then falls into the ambient part) so I am trying to decide what is more proper, a 32 or a 64 driving buildup? And also what about the ambient part? I’d usually do 32 on the ambient and another 32 in the buildup to the drop.

Thanks for your time

The answer to pretty much all arrangement questions is pull in a track you really like, warp it its native / desired bpm then mark down what happens at which bars (you can cut midi clips to denote what is happening to get a visual sense).

Also, have you watched the trance tutorial?

[quote]kquiring (28/09/2011)[hr]The answer to pretty much all arrangement questions is pull in a track you really like, warp it its native / desired bpm then mark down what happens at which bars (you can cut midi clips to denote what is happening to get a visual sense).

Also, have you watched the trance tutorial?[/quote]

ill try that i guess and yea but that is geared towards having vocals, i dont have vocals so my structure is very different

With trance its usually 8bar segments.

i would have something new,changing or looping every 4 bars 8 bars or 16 bars not in that order of course. synth hits and unique percussion sounds looping in the 4 to 8 bar range and significant drops and changes on the 16 bar.

i’m in the process of producing a trance track and i’ve stuck to this model and it seems to have things going on enough to compare to a good trance track.

well produced trance tracks now have a ton of things going on all threw out the track. make sure you automate the crap out of your filters!!

everything i’ve said is subject to debate and change because every producer produces differently. just make sure your track has a groove and a purpose and it should be fine.

one last thing: make sure your intro has a good relationship with with your break,build and chorus. once i learned this it made the song sound more together rather than a couple of separate songs in one. hope this helps. :slight_smile:

[quote]willidaniel (29/09/2011)[hr]i would have something new,changing or looping every 4 bars 8 bars or 16 bars not in that order of course. synth hits and unique percussion sounds looping in the 4 to 8 bar range and significant drops and changes on the 16 bar.

i’m in the process of producing a trance track and i’ve stuck to this model and it seems to have things going on enough to compare to a good trance track.

well produced trance tracks now have a ton of things going on all threw out the track. make sure you automate the crap out of your filters!!

everything i’ve said is subject to debate and change because every producer produces differently. just make sure your track has a groove and a purpose and it should be fine.

one last thing: make sure your intro has a good relationship with with your break,build and chorus. once i learned this it made the song sound more together rather than a couple of separate songs in one. hope this helps. :)[/quote]

this isnt what i was talking about at all…im just asking about the general structure of the song as in intro is so and so, drive is so and so, ambience is so and so…etc… i know its divided into 4s ive already mentioned that as well, thx tho

Its defo helpful to lay a track you like at the top of your arrange page and compare different things…

when you just listen to a track with out visualising it you miss a lot of the timings on structure.

yea, get a visual of what you want your track to sound like and then feed in the proper bar changes. work around what you want the track to sound like rather than getting bogged down on should it be this many bars or that many bars.

Ok i’ll try that, thanks guys