What is the magic bass frequency?

Ok i think this is a topic that varies on the style your making and is also very personal. There is alot of debate as to what is the club banging bass in your stomach frequency range. I was just wondering what all you guys think it is. Some say its below 60hz some say its 80hz and some say its as high as the 100-130 hz range.

I mean we have all felt it in a club when the kick hits or the bass hits and you just get that really nice warm punchy feeling in your gut but what is the frequency of this, or is it a combination of frequency ranges?

I personally think it lies between 60-80hz…

I’m not sure but I’m gonna nail my colours to 80hz

My bid is 55Hz - or A0.

I was reading an article on this subject recently and it mentioned you should have your bass 5 semi-tones above your kick.

[quote]5id (05/07/2011)[hr]I was reading an article on this subject recently and it mentioned you should have your bass 5 semi-tones above your kick.[/quote]

When Jan mentioned “punchy feeling in your gut” I was really thinking about sub-bass.

sub bass below about 110hz and the punch can be the low mid, 110 - upwards to about 300 maybe (hard to remember without a project open)

I have recently been layering my bass into sub, low mid and mid and hi mid and hi so I can apply differnt sidechain, reverb, phasers, flanges and delays to each part. can make for some really interesting stuff but hogs your cpu to fu(k

[quote]TheAnt (05/07/2011)[hr]My bid is 55Hz - or A0.[/quote]

I have to agree with ANT here. Sub Bass is meant to be felt and not heard. It’s exactly what gives you that gut feeling in the club. It can even be lower than 55Hz.

Take a look at the freq. chart that was floating around awhile ago from FM.

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/legacy/futuremusic/FM_clubmix_dsktp.jpg

Also, I recently heard this from a friend who just got finished taking courses at Dubspot and they recommend the same thing.

IMO the Sub is below 70hz. and the bass meat should be around 100 to 200 Hz

My sub between 40-55Hz

bass around 155Hz mark

Sub is usually around 50hz. Bass ranges… depends on your genre really. usually my bass starts at like 140-160hz

dubstep + electro bass is often almost the whole spectrum.