What sampler?

I don’t actually have a sampler. I’ve been holding out for live 9 as I only have the standard version of ableton. I’m getting bored of waiting now so thought I’d ask what you use? This is an integral part of any studio right? Or do I not really need one as I’ve managed this far…

I have never used sampler once. I always use simpler.

Maybe thats just cos I’m a simple bastard too - but if I wanted to load in a multi, I’d stick a load of em in to a drum rack or something.

However - I seen some Tom Cosm Vids where he used a sampler with a vocal sample in it - which made me think that I should really use it more.

The benefit of it is the amount of envelopes/ LFO’s that you get. If you dont need them, I suppose its of no use? or am I just being an ignorant ****?

You could always pick up a hardware one - I used to have a EMU ESi32 (I think it was that one) - now cheap as chips - thinking of getting one my self again just for the crack

Hardware for the crack! :smiley:

get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

it will open up a whole new level to your productions.

the sound design capabilities are sooooooooooo slick :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (17/12/2011)[hr]You could always pick up a hardware one - I used to have a EMU ESi32 (I think it was that one) - now cheap as chips - thinking of getting one my self again just for the crack[/quote]

I used to have an akai 3000xl but never got into it because of ableton :hehe: I have been looking at a hardware sampler just to get that old school restriction with using one :cool:

[quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

the sound design capabilities are sooooooooooo slick :)[/quote]

So it’s worth getting the update to the full version :cool::cool:

[quote]Mussi81 (17/12/2011)[hr][quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

So it’s worth getting the update to the full version :cool::cool:[/quote]

1000000000000000% :slight_smile:

[quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (17/12/2011)[hr][quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

So it’s worth getting the update to the full version :cool::cool:[/quote]

1000000000000000% :)[/quote]

Yeah have to agree if honest

[quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

I use Simpler a lot, but never used Sampler.   What kinds of stuff do you do with it in your productions?

[quote]JayD3 (18/12/2011)[hr][quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

I use Simpler a lot, but never used Sampler. What kinds of stuff do you do with it in your productions?[/quote]

tbh you can do pretty much whatever you want it’s a sampler /synth so like with most things in live its really flexible .so much so you could if you wanted build a really solid foundation for your track track with one midi track with some well thought out automation !! i use it a lot for fx and atmospherics because it just simply cuts it, and its interface is sooooooo easy to navigate if your gonna buy a sampler soft wise abletons is the muts nuts!!

[quote]egg2 (18/12/2011)[hr][quote]JayD3 (18/12/2011)[hr][quote]egg2 (17/12/2011)[hr]get involved with lives sampler its fcuking amazing man!

I use Simpler a lot, but never used Sampler. What kinds of stuff do you do with it in your productions?[/quote]

tbh you can do pretty much whatever you want it’s a sampler /synth so like with most things in live its really flexible .so much so you could if you wanted build a really solid foundation for your track track with one midi track with some well thought out automation !! i use it a lot for fx and atmospherics because it just simply cuts it, and its interface is sooooooo easy to navigate if your gonna buy a sampler soft wise abletons is the muts nuts!![/quote]

Sounds cool.   I’ll start playing around with it some.