Whats Kickstart? In the Trance 2.0 Tut

Noticing this plugin Kickstart you guys keep using in the Trance 2.0 fast track but I cant seem to figure out what its doing haha.br
br
At first i thought it was an emulation of a side chain effect but I’m not sure what exactly is going on with it every time you guys pull it out. Or whats its doing. Also not seeing it on the site anywhere.br
br
Sidenote-Ana isn’t AAX compatible right? I already asked about Kick. I know I could easily just check but I always think to ask as I’m typing these posts out.

Yeah it’s a replacement for sidechain compression, much easier to get the effect you want than a compressor, and requires no ghost kick obviously.br
br
Would recommend buying it, only £8.

Seems cool, id rather not get used to doing it without a compressor though.br
br
Ill be picking up ANA and Kick though if they ever come out for AAX.

Its handy for getting a quick pumping effect esp in Cubase where its a bit of a pain setting up a sidechain.br
br
in Ableton tho ive found ive gone back to using the comp as it sounds more natural and you dont need to automate it on and off

Don’t you find you can get whatever effect you like out of Sidekick Phil? Given you can dial in the intensity and basically adapt the envelope however you like?

I found sometimes especially on stuff with really heavy pumping… i working on a track with the same vibe as porter robinson Launguage and i just didnt feel kickstart was giving as nice a groove as ableton comp.br
br
Also i had loads of tracks sidechained and there are bits where i want the comp to “let go” of the sidechain… in kickstart i would have had to automate the individual on/offs or amount on each track.br
br
found it much easier to just use comp and when the kick drops out the comp releases.

Oh ok makes sense, yeah I dial the mix in and out using automation, but i tend to do that with the threshold on a compressor anyway and have the ghost kick looped all the way to the end. so it’s not made any difference to my work flow really.

It would be something id consider once ive been doing this longer. But I just want to get used to doing things the engineering way first before I get used to plugins.br
br
Not to mention kickstart probably isnt available for AAX anyway.