Where To Build Your Fan Base Online

I would think most of you know about this but use in case this is well worth a read:

[url= Where To Build Your Fan Base Online - DJ TechTools]

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/11/where-to-build-your-fan-base-online/[/url]

I just build my wepage based on some of the info given, check it out, I think its ok http://www.waynefontaine.co.uk

Nimbit also give you a free online store so if you have tracks that are not signed why not put them up, after all its free - would be interesting to do I think. paypal, credit card etc all included

Next I’m looking at mail chimp for podcast newsletters, which is also free for up to 1000 subscribers.

Now I just need to build an email list, no idea where to start there, James (Bangthedj) can you give me any tips there?

[quote]gofunk (11/12/2010)[hr]I would think most of you know about this but use in case this is well worth a read:

[url= Where To Build Your Fan Base Online - DJ TechTools]

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/11/where-to-build-your-fan-base-online/[/url]

I just build my wepage based on some of the info given, check it out, I think its ok http://www.waynefontaine.co.uk

Nimbit also give you a free online store so if you have tracks that are not signed why not put them up, after all its free - would be interesting to do I think. paypal, credit card etc all included

Next I’m looking at mail chimp for podcast newsletters, which is also free for up to 1000 subscribers.

Now I just need to build an email list, no idea where to start there, James (Bangthedj) can you give me any tips there?[/quote]

Hahahahaha maybe it would look better with a photo of you djing (as its a fan page) than in your front room.

But that’s where djs dj most ain’t it Jon :smiley:

that was a hotel room in Ibiza!!!

Getting artist photos done over the next few weeks so that will do for now!

Flash blingin’ bastards with the loose change on the table.

Schweet!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

[quote]ICN (13/12/2010)[hr]Flash blingin’ bastards with the loose change on the table.

Schweet!! :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/quote]

nah get them for free, just let them but their logo on the photos, look for some who is budding and egar and help each other out :wink:

No Wayne… I meant in the photo… theres some coins on the table.

Must have been a big ole night with that spending power :wink: :smiley:

not that year! that was 2007, cheap hotel on a budget! hench the coins! lol

if it was this year I’d be in a pool for 100 dollar (yes dollar) bills!! lol

[quote]gofunk (13/12/2010)[hr]not that year! that was 2007, cheap hotel on a budget! hench the coins! lol

if it was this year I’d be in a pool for 100 dollar (yes dollar) bills!! lol[/quote]

Yes… I remember you telling me about your £3k spend! Nutter :laugh:

[quote]gofunk (13/12/2010)[hr]that was a hotel room in Ibiza!!!

Getting artist photos done over the next few weeks so that will do for now![/quote]

hehe was only pulling your leg anyway mate :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (13/12/2010)[hr]But that’s where djs dj most ain’t it Jon :D[/quote]

I know i do these days haha.

I’ll tell you about this guy i was round one day ( a friend of a friend kinda thing) he had his dj set up in his living room and behind the decks on the wall was a big poster sized photo of the out look from behind the decks at a big festival, was kinda sad really hahahahaha could imagine this guy standing there really living the fantasy lol

I use just a mirror on the wall then I am the fairest of them all :slight_smile:

Oh hai.

Just saw this, not been on the forums for a coupla days.

Think I gave some answers over in Off Topic, but a brief synopsis would be:

Good content

Persistence

Contact people with something to offer/trade for co-operation/opportunities

Persistence

And more good content

I’m still very much building traffic for my site, as I’m learning what works and what doesn’t as I go along.

I also have been doing it all on my own up until recently winks at Jon