Which Is The One Thing?

That you’ll never spend money on again?

This could be something you like and enjoy but for what ever reason don’t feel that its worth the money, or something you completely hate and feel you were mis-sold.

For me the one that would never get my money again is:

Bias Peak LE:

Great Program, Great price but can only be registered to one machine. so when i upgraded two years ago to my new mac i was unable to use the software on my new machine and thanks to the Bias customer service (or lack of) i have still to this date been unable to sort this problem.

I dunno… If I’m honest - Probably 75% of the synths / fx that I have.

General software - Reason… Lots of other stuff that I cant remember.

At a stretch… probably my 1210’s too. Love them in a way… but they’re more an ornament now… and have been for a long time. Thank fck I dont buy vinyl anymore.

Yeah… theres another thing - Regret buying all those sh!tty records with 1 good track on them. Thank god for Beatport & the like. 

Mixmag will never buy it again well unless I get a feature in it but can’t see that happening!

Any event what has anything to do with chic.

the sexy bunny costume I’ve got for Roben, he never truly appreciated it!

Production wise:

Automap for iPhone, (for being utterly useless)

hercules Dj console (like 6 years back, much of the the same reason)

my Music Tech degree - on the basis that not a single person from my year is working in the field (and there were some really good guys in there)

Superfilla Sample pack, for having to warp them individually!

There is a lot more I think,

if not software it goes like this

excitement>purchase>delivery>disappointment>eBay

In a weird way, I’ve gone the other way. In my more reckless youth I might have ‘not paid’ for many things.

Now older and wiser I only have what I am legitimately meant to have, and I feel all the better for it, plus it all runs as smooth as a silk.

Not the point of the OT I know, but worth mentioning. I haven’t really spent out much, I just have Ableton, Sylenth and Massive (since today - woop!).

I also have stuff like Autotune and Melodyne, and NI’s the Mouth, but was lucky to get them free (legit), oh and Sylenth actually, ha ha, I’m such a skanker.

To be fair, if I had paid the asking price for Autotune I might have felt it wasn’t money that well spent. It’s good but not something I really need. I have the whole Antares suite actually, but yet to go through it all, I don’t really like their UI.

Melodyne is great for clean samples, it’s not much good on picking out bits of full tracks though.

I bought cheap monitors, Edirol MA-1D, they were really terrible. Not only did I waste my money on them, I probably spent more than I needed to when I replaced them so I didn’t make the same mistake again. Mind you I have never regretted getting my Adam A7’s.

Buy cheap, buy twice!

[quote]TheAnt (14/12/2010)[hr]I bought cheap monitors, Edirol MA-1D, they were really terrible. Not only did I waste my money on them, I probably spent more than I needed to when I replaced them so I didn’t make the same mistake again. Mind you I have never regretted getting my Adam A7’s.

Buy cheap, buy twice![/quote]

Were they totally sh!t?

Seen some going 2nd hand… not wanting to buy them like, but just noticed the price was pretty low compared to what they originally cost.

Obviously Night & Day compared to your A7’s :slight_smile:

For production they were completely useless. You can barely hear high hats and there isn’t much low end.

They are good as iPod speakers.

[quote]TheAnt (14/12/2010)[hr]For production they were completely useless. You can barely hear high hats and there isn’t much low end.

They are good as iPod speakers.[/quote]

Was thinking they looked a bit Bookcase-y alright. Good to know.

M-audio BX8’s really liked them but when they went wrong i was quoted £80 for a transformer Plus fitting and Postage.

it was also impossible to find the parts with out going through M-audio.

For me it’s gotta be:

Vinyls

M-Audio Interfaces.

GARBAGE!

[quote]howiegroove (14/12/2010)[hr]M-Audio Interfaces.

GARBAGE![/quote]

what about them don’t you like? what audio interface are you using?

[quote]Jon_fisher (14/12/2010)[hr]That you’ll never spend money on again?[/quote]

sex

[quote]howiegroove (14/12/2010)[hr]M-Audio Interfaces.

GARBAGE![/quote]

I’ve got an M-Audio Firewire interface and it is ok for me. It is stable and sounds fine (I work completely inside the box).

But when I first got it there were huge problems with the drivers that took a long time to sort out, and their tech support was rubbish.

Although it is fine, and so I can’t justify replacing it, if was buying again I wouldn’t get M-Audio.

[quote]gofunk (14/12/2010)[hr][quote]Jon_fisher (14/12/2010)[hr]That you’ll never spend money on again?[/quote]

sex[/quote]

Never say never :wink:

[quote]TheAnt (14/12/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (14/12/2010)[hr]M-Audio Interfaces.

GARBAGE![/quote]

I’ve got an M-Audio Firewire interface and it is ok for me. It is stable and sounds fine (I work completely inside the box).

But when I first got it there were huge problems with the drivers that took a long time to sort out, and their tech support was rubbish.

Although it is fine, andso Ican’t justify replacing it,if was buying again I wouldn’t get M-Audio.[/quote]

Personally i own a AudioPhile Firewire and its probably about the most stable thing I’ve ever used (I’ve also owned MOTU, RME, Focusrite and they all went to ****) but for some reason if i were to buy again i would probably go for another MOTU.

[quote]Jon_fisher (14/12/2010)[hr]M-audio BX8’s really liked them but when they went wrong i was quoted £80 for a transformer Plus fitting and Postage.

it was also impossible to find the parts with out going through M-audio.[/quote]

really ?? i own BX8 and they sound good to me . still didnt have any issues yet .

ohh about something that i wasted and hate to see people buy it would be the RMC calibration system from JBL . IT IS THE WORST PIECE OF **** !!!

I spend it like 4 months trying to calibrate my Room for Accustics.

after spending countles hours on the phone with Customer Service. I noticed that they dont even know their Products .

**** YOU JBL !!!

[quote]alinenunez (15/12/2010)[hr][quote]Jon_fisher (14/12/2010)[hr]M-audio BX8’s really liked them but when they went wrong i was quoted £80 for a transformer Plus fitting and Postage.

it was also impossible to find the parts with out going through M-audio.[/quote]

really ?? i own BX8 and they sound good to me . still didnt have any issues yet .

[/quote]

yep i had no problem about the sound, i was getting them fixed that was a major upset and for that alone i will never by another M-audio Monitor again.

Horrible AD converters and preamps compared to my MOTU and my Presonus Firestudio. Low on the feature end. Alot of money for what it actually did.