Who's down for a Tribal House Tutorial?

[quote]jon_fisher (9/16/2009)[hr]if i was brutally honest i would want the tutorial to be mainly based on programming the beats and percussion, if it was just a case of using tribal loops over a 4/4 kick then it wouldn’t interest me at all :)[/quote]

+1

Good stuff...I hope it happens. I will be looking forward to this one.

Great stuff Phil. Back in the day I had a long time residency at a club here in New York called Webster Hall and I used to play the hell out of your mix of Seduction!

haha cool! i loved that track always went down a treat.

yeah !

we have a genre master here tooooo !

cool phil show us what its all about ;o) ! its for sure lot of fun for u doing old school vibes !

i played ones with tony thomas - what a cool guy - really good dj - but he smoked alone more weed in half an hour than we (5 guys) in the whole night :P:D

what a nice memory - that was 4 years ago !

cheers !

yeah tony was a legend at the time… totaly set the bar for production quality.

some really cool tracks their phil, would love to see a tutorial from your self with a full on tribal track

not really tribal house butthis is one of my favorite drum/percussion tracks. go to about 2:15 in to the song for the sweet spot

I would love to see a Tut on one of those tracks you posted Phil. Awesome stuff.

wouldnt a more current tribal sound be a muc better tutorial?

Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie - Moombah (Afrojack Remix) - YouTube

trabal beats and squeeky leads?

Yacine Soufiane - Moroccan Ghetto by Pink Flame

A tribal track I just finished last week

I wanted to take a weird direction with this tribal track :stuck_out_tongue: I hope it works

I’m down for tribal… :cool:

So how do we get this on the poll for next time?

Hi all,

this is exactly what I am after…

I agree that learning the percussion from scratch would be most beneficial plus the synth and effect sounds.

I would also like to know about how to make the track flow as ones I have previosuly made sometimes sound too loopy

Cheers

Luke

yeah i’m agree too to have a tribal house tutorial that would be great!!

Dj Vibe and Pete Tha zouk :smiley:

Check it out!

Tribal house here too! :hehe:

UPDATE: I have done a fair bit of research in to the origins of tribal percussion. looking at african, south american and indian sounds and have built a few examples using recycle to extract loops and single hits. then build tribal beats in ableton.

I will also be including a large collection of samples and a few construction kits.

I hope to start recording the videos soon.

Nice one phil :slight_smile: i hope you put a lot of emphasis on building the drum loops and groove, i think this is the main part that a lot of guys struggle with (or maybe it’s just me)

[quote]jon_fisher (11/25/2009)[hr]Nice one phil :slight_smile: i hope you put a lot of emphasis on building the drum loops and groove, i think this is the main part that a lot of guys struggle with (or maybe it’s just me)[/quote]

It’s you

:stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, MAX for LIVE is AMAZING!!!

Ba$t@rd :slight_smile: