Who's down for a Tribal House Tutorial?

Anyone? I think a lot can be learned from a Tribal House tutorial. Not a drum heavy track, but a more house(techy even) influenced track with tribal drum accents. I think this might be a good challenge for the SA staff as well. Who’s down? I will provide examples if I can.

techy tribal house 1 million % yes

YES!!! I was thinking along the lines of D-Unity!!! I’ll grab some links later!

Raymond

Just went to beatport to listen to D-Unity tracks(who I’ve heard and heard of) and a few of their tracks are precisely what I mean. Good call. Their Tribal Tech tracks are nice.

Yes! I would love to see a tribal house tutorial. 

Iberican Style Tribal would be nice

if i was brutally honest i would want the tutorial to be mainly based on programming the beats and percussion, if it was just a case of using tribal loops over a 4/4 kick then it wouldn’t interest me at all :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (9/16/2009)[hr]if i was brutally honest i would want the tutorial to be mainly based on programming the beats and percussion, if it was just a case of using tribal loops over a 4/4 kick then it wouldn’t interest me at all :)[/quote]

i second that!!!

i’d love to see a tutorial on tribal especially after watching those youtube links and i think i personally woud learn sh*t loads from it but like jon said if its just a case of using tribal loops over a 4/4 kick then the whole thing would be pretty pointles…

It’s all about those off beats. I’ve tried to nail this unsuccessfully due to the fact that there is usually some personalized swing to it beyond the standard shuffle. I think that there’s a fair bit of delay too to give it the full drum sound. I WANT THIS TUT!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Raymond

Def would like to see sonic academy take this one on. Agree with Jon with the D-Unity style especially their Rhythm District 101 track.

The Tribal Rhythm track is the track that got me to fall in love with Tribal. Carl Cox used it in an opener to one of his mixes I downloaded.

The first three youtube vids are perfect examples of what I’m hoping for.

And yeah, no loops. What got me to suggest this is I want to learn how to program a percussion hit that is in rapid succession and make it sound natural. Could be some rhythm nuggets too. Tribal is choc full of this.

Is this what you guys are looking for?

TribalBeat by Spacegate

Let me know if it is, and I’ll put something together to show you how to program it.

I also would be very interested in a D-Unity style track with a heavy emphasis on drum programming and sound processing on them to create that big room feel. Also, Jon, thanks for putting Sunshine for one of your posted tracks. It brings back good memories, especially the filterheadz remix of it. Reminds me of Godskitchen.

D-Unity HTSL would be def. a winner !

wow thats what i really would like to know how to programm those beats and basses - and how to make them sounding so phat !

Id be well up for doing a triabal tutorial… used to make loads of it back in the day (8 years ago)

heres a few tacks i produced & a tony thomas (tribal master) mix of another one.