Why are a large % of 'succesful' producers young?

I’ve been making music in one form or another since I was 14 - now at the ripe old age of 46 I have had more success with my own productions

So really that theory goes out of the window

Ok I was djing alot more 20 years ago and making good money from it

But as we get older we have different priorities - I can’t go to clubs all weekend, I have responsibilities which I did not have before and I am a little wiser about the whole music business

[quote]slender (15/02/2012)[hr]I’ve been making music in one form or another since I was 14 - now at the ripe old age of 46 I have had more success with my own productions

So really that theory goes out of the window

Ok I was djing alot more 20 years ago and making good money from it

But as we get older we have different priorities - I can’t go to clubs all weekend, I have responsibilities which I did not have before and I am a little wiser about the whole music business[/quote]

my point exactly!

i’m about to turn 40 and i hate going to clubs. to crowded and every body’s blasted out of their minds

with that being said my tracks are getting closer and closer to label time.

you can still have a pulse on the production of edm not being on stage but being behind the scenes studying the hell out of it :slight_smile:

It takes lot of hard work to get where they’re at now. Sure, they’ve had help along the way, but it’s their dedication, drive, and focus that gets the ball rolling. Like anyone

this is an interesting subject but as i think about it more my past decisions make more sense. if you’re teens or twenties and going for it then awsome! if you’re not, then still awsome!

i’ve spent the last 14 years being a professional with music on the side. i’m 37 now. it is kind of a bummer that i never really gave my performance abilities a chance when i was younger but now i have a lovely wife, a healthy happy newborn son, comfortable life style and can afford quality. i remember back in my college days i would actually get tired of practicing and doing gigs every other night so i feel like i have the best of both worlds now.

so here’s my theory: as i get older i hope i will be a successful producer and the only thing that will probably change will be my style of music. let’s face it, when i’m 55 i probably won’t be producing banging club tracks but you might catch me making some kind of ethereal chill track that might elate you in a similar way.