Why cant I find a bloody door!

So spent the day painting my studio, ordering another surface, carpet and a little sofa for it as well as a door as currently there isnt one… well at least I thought I ordered a door but its the wrong bloody size, in fact I cant get a door to fit my studio full door. Very annoyed, acoustic treatment is/was planned further down the line but whats the bloody point with no door :frowning:

No idea what I’m gonna do here.,… :sick:

Brick it up.

Doing it while being inside the room yourself gives better, if not perfect sound proofing & tames those rogue standing nodes.

mate you sound like your unhinged! :hehe:

How about a heavy curtain kinda thing? It’s not brilliant but it could help.

Cut it to size - isn’t hard with the right tools.

[quote]Bouffont (05/03/2011)[hr]Cut it to size - isn’t hard with the right tools.[/quote]

get a pro to do it it will take them a couple of hours at most and a decent joiner should only charge around 30 quid to hang a door i’m a joiner myself and its not something i’d advise someone to do

if the door you ordered cant be cut down (ie hollow/lightweight doors) just get yourself to b&q of focus you’ll get the correct size door for 18 quid job done!

[quote]chris17 (05/03/2011)[hr][quote]Bouffont (05/03/2011)[hr]Cut it to size - isn’t hard with the right tools.[/quote]

get a pro to do it it will take them a couple of hours at most and a decent joiner should only charge around 30 quid to hang a door i’m a joiner myself and its not something i’d advise someone to do

if the door you ordered cant be cut down (ie hollow/lightweight doors) just get yourself to b&q of focus you’ll get the correct size door for 18 quid job done![/quote]

I’d certainly reccomend a joiner too as putting up doors properly ain’t as easy as it seems

[quote]chris17 (05/03/2011)[hr][quote]Bouffont (05/03/2011)[hr]Cut it to size - isn’t hard with the right tools.[/quote]

if the door you ordered cant be cut down (ie hollow/lightweight doors) just get yourself to b&q of focus you’ll get the correct size door for 18 quid job done![/quote]

the door space is 1990 x 813… no where in the UK have any this size, I’ll need to get a pine door and get it cut to size or trim it with a wood plane or something like that… I prob screw it up if I trim it myself!

And I cant see a pine door being cheap…

Can you get a smaller door? 

With a smaller door, whats stopping you extending/adding to one side of the frame (and the top) & then cover it up with a bit of trim?

if I get a smaller door hight wise the width will be to small as well. I could handle a shorter door cause you can buy bottems but a shoter width… nightmare!

[quote]gofunk (05/03/2011)[hr]if I get a smaller door hight wise the width will be to small as well. I could handle a shorter door cause you can buy bottems but a shoter width… nightmare![/quote]

How much shorter?

Can you not stick a bit of board/s in on the frame with the lock hole, down the length?

Just get bespoke door made up. You Don’t have to get anything fancy. I can’t see it massively expensive.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bespoke+doors&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Ah cool the DIY corner of the site :smiley:

get to focus or some diy shop a pine door wont be that much (£25-£35) or get a joiner to build the door frame out and hang a smaller door i deffo think you need a pro to take a look

So let me get this straight… we’re talking about a DOOR on Sonic Academy? :laugh:

What next? Gardening tips? :laugh: :laugh:

[quote]Roben (06/03/2011)[hr]So let me get this straight… we’re talking about a DOOR on Sonic Academy? :laugh:

What next? Gardening tips? :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

Yeah I have this skunk plant and,… :smiley:

[quote]chris17 (06/03/2011)[hr]get to focus or some diy shop a pine door wont be that much (£25-£35) or get a joiner to build the door frame out and hang a smaller door i deffo think you need a pro to take a look[/quote]

Bingo! :cool:

[quote]Roben (06/03/2011)[hr]So let me get this straight… we’re talking about a DOOR on Sonic Academy? :laugh:

What next? Gardening tips? :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

lol, how to build a garden studio?