Why do producers release tracks on so many different labels?

Hi guys,br
br
I’ve kind of spoken about this before, but it still confuses me a little so i’m looking for a little clarification on this:br
br
Why do producers release their tracks on so many different labels?br
br
I mean, if they release one or more tracks on a certain label, and it does well and they continue to make that style of music, why do they keep changing the label that they release on?br
br
I would have thought a good, sustained working partnership with a label would have been better for everyone?br
br
I don’t get it?

Some lables might sell a lot of records but could be hard to work with or arent doing the stuff they are supposed to… also it can open more doors for gigs etc,

So do you know how it would generally work with an established producer with a name for himself, when he wants to release a new track on a label that he’s never used before - would he generally contact the labels and ask them to sign his track, just like someone like myself would do who has no name and is only an aspiring producer currently?br
br
It just seems strange if an established producer is having to ask around for new labels they’ve never worked with before to release their tracks?br
br
Or does it work more like, the producer will have built up a massive list of contacts of people who own labels who have already said they would release their stuff, and so the producer just literally picks one that he chooses to release his/her next track on?

Yeah all these guys know each other from all the gigs… They will be on the same flights in the same hotels etc. stuff will just happen

Besides that, some labels ask artists to make an EP for them.br
If you sold big times for Cadenza, why wouldn’t you sell on Cocoon?