Why?

Why is it, for example, I play the G# major scale on my midi keyboard and record it into my Ableton it shows in the midi editor that it’s recorded as A, B, C#, ect.

Also when i press the G# key on the ableton midi it sounds different than the G# as played on my midi keyboard???

WTF?

this is one thing i can honestly say “i have no idea” :slight_smile:

its because different daws have different ranges ie ableton goes from

c-2  - c8 so mid c would be c5  i think off the top of me head:) hope head this helps

There are a couple reasons that could be happening. If you are using a sample and it is played in a note other then a C note, then it would be off. Your other problem could be that if for instance you are playing a note with a synth in sylenth and the note is not at “0”, it would come off incorrectly. Remember, try to transpose everything to a C note and you will have correct notes. :smiley:

Another possibility.

Your midi controller keyboard is transposing for you.

[quote]howiegroove (10/21/2009)[hr]There are a couple reasons that could be happening. If you are using a sample and it is played in a note other then a C note, then it would be off. Your other problem could be that if for instance you are playing a note with a synth in sylenth and the note is not at “0”, it would come off incorrectly. Remember, try to transpose everything to a C note and you will have correct notes. :D[/quote]

Hmmm, i don’t think this is it because i’m using Korg Wavestation

I’m so confused right now :frowning: :frowning:

Roben start a brand new project and use an ableton native synth like operator.

If you get the transposing problem it prolly is your controller.

Yeah it’s still doing it with operator. Do you know how i can go around fixing the issue with my controller?

What controller do you have Roben?

On mine there’s a transpose + and - that can be directly adjusted.

if you get stuck you’d best look in the manual or download one if you aint got one at hand.

midi keyboards manufactures have pdf’s on their official web sites for free.

most midi keyboards also have a factory reset too.

there’s also an option in ableton to dump to the keyboard that may or may not clear it.

you can find that in the abletons preferences under midi.

Sweet, cheers bro! After you mentioned about the 'transpose + - buttons i realised i had the + light up.

All sorted :smiley: :smiley:

Wicked :smiley:

Glad its all sussed.!