Why

Why is it that the levels of some parts sound louder / quieter than it did on Ableton Live 8 once i’ve bounced the track down to a .wav?

you must be normalising the parts

dont!

I’m not, or at least I I’m not intentionally?

Does Live 8 have this feature on when you bounce a track down? How can I turn it off?

[quote]roben (07/02/2010)[hr]I’m not, or at least I I’m not intentionally?

Does Live 8 have this feature on when you bounce a track down? How can I turn it off?[/quote]

yeah when you export Audio, in the data Section there is Length, Rendered Track, Normalize, Render As Loop. make sure the Normalize is set to OFF also you may want to switch off Render As loop as this will render to a set loop size or to the last midi and audio data in the arrange/session screen and will cut short any delays or reverb you may want left on

Ah ok.

Weird, because both of those are set to ‘off’ anyways!

:crazy:

is it a full track or just a loop that you are exporting ?

Full track.

I ended up having to re-bounce down the same track about 6 or so times because i kept hearing bits where the levels weren’t right. Very annoying.

[quote]roben (07/02/2010)[hr]Full track.

I ended up having to re-bounce down the same track about 6 or so times because i kept hearing bits where the levels weren’t right. Very annoying.[/quote]

strange

User error

did you checked the bus or Group channels levels?

been thinking about this, i used to have a very similar problem with Reason when i exported in 16bit if my sound card was set to 24bit the High Frequencies would seem a lot louder.

[quote]alinenunez (08/02/2010)[hr]did you checked the bus or Group channels levels?

[/quote]

Yep of course!

Levels sound perfect when playing through ableton. Once bounced down, some bits sound louder / quieter.

Bizarre, truely is.

[quote]jon_fisher (08/02/2010)[hr]been thinking about this, i used to have a very similar problem with Reason when i exported in 16bit if my sound card was set to 24bit the High Frequencies would seem a lot louder.[/quote]

Ah maybe that’s it? I have this soundcard:

[url=http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html]

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html[/url]

I have the same sound card but never had an issue like that .