Witch House

Hey was wondering if you guys could do a tutorial on Witch house.

Its quite different, dark, slower tempo… Here are some of my favorite tracks from the genre.

- YouTube

- YouTube

oOoOO - Burnout Eyess - YouTube

- YouTube

Lol :hehe:

I’ve heard it all now lol

I’m intrigued to hear these tracks as I like it dark :slight_smile:

+1 some cool tracks there

They could of come up with a better name for the genre lol

2nd track My cup of tea :slight_smile:

It sorta of sounds like what I used to listen to way back

Nurse with Wound

Whitehouse

Try stuff on the - come organisation label now defunked

Ambient dark sounds with a slow-downed break beat

cool interested to see how it is made… i think some cool techniques are used…

Jacking House , Witch House ,hmm just really confused. its all House Music baby !!!

[quote]Mussi81 (25/04/2011)[hr]Lol :hehe:

I’ve heard it all now lol

I’m intrigued to hear these tracks as I like it dark :)[/quote]

hahah i was thinking the same thing

wow, that dead virgin track was quite nice thanks for posting that was new to me

Hey derelict, have you ever heard of Balam Acab? He’s on the same label as oOoOO. He does a lot of stuff like that. I actually went to high school with Balam Acab, and got to hang out with him a few months ago (as he lives near me). If this is any help, he told me a lot of these guys scour the web for samples and then use them in their music and pitch them, assign them to samplers(simpler), etc, to build atmospheres and stuff. I can maybe find out more about the production behind it if anyone wanted to know. It would also be cool to see a video on SA about how to make this style of music too.

this stuff is really cool actually, I like the first tune the best. would make a refreshing tutorial, +1.

I just checked out Balam Acab as well, really good too. I love the sitar sort of sound that comes in at 1:42 in this song:

Balam Acab - See Birds - YouTube

I’d be interested in finding out more about the production Darren, if you could. Pretty sweet that you know the guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay I’ll check him out.

[url]SALEM - Till The World Ends - YouTube

How brilliant is that?!

Take a gross Britney Song, and make it into something that makes us realize how ****ed up our world is to quote Daniel Gottlieb

“the sounds of SALEM today, as they warp our innocent and earnest little Britney Spears into a deep-chested harbringer of all the omens befitting our modern age. All she wanted us to do was dance until the world was going to end, and you just had to go turn it into an anthemic and dystopic nightmare for all of us. Thanks a bunch guys.”

fuk , i’ve never had chills from music. And i listen to some dark sit. I don’t know… that bass , makes my hair stand.

Definetely would like more on this!

Yeah definatly some of it is really right up my dark alley - not sure I wouls want to hear it clubbing - but cool to listen too at home

[quote]slender (05/05/2011)[hr]Yeah definatly some of it is really right up my dark alley - not sure I wouls want to hear it clubbing - but cool to listen too at home[/quote]

indeed