Work in progress

havent mastered, havent finished. have a few ideas as to make it grow but all feedback is welcome. SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Hey so far its sounding good! I think overall youve got a good base going here. Im liking the build up section, and the general feel of all the elements seem to gel together nicely. All the sounds fit well and it has this really classic vibe that I like. All that being said i feel like its missing something to really “hook” me into listening to it. The build builds to something that I dont feel is really there. br
br
In terms of technicals I feel like the bass is a bit too deep into the mix to hear clearly, but its not overly so, kinda depends on the feel you are going for. And I feel like the hats are a bit too smooshy such that they tend to hide a bit of the details in the track. br
br
Overall though I think this is a great start. You could definitely add a longer outro, and lengthen the intro a bit by maybe starting with a less full kick? I seriously dig the vocal snippet you have too, I laughed in a good way when the whole thing played through.br
br
*EDIT for clarity

https://soundcloud.com/mark-shevlin/excape-20br
br
work in progress still. some more additions and automations/fx and changed up the lead

Hey sorry for a late reply here, but I had a chance to listen to the changes. The break section sounds great. Im digging the bell-like lead that you pulled in there. Very choice sounding and builds some nice tension. But then I feel like the lead loses me a bit once it starts, it feels a bit too busy for my taste, but this is a bit of a stretch of the style of edm that i listen to so take that with a grain of salt. Overally I think the lead could be a bit more forward in the mix, maybe just push it up a couple of db and see how it feels :slight_smile:

Hi Mark, just had a listen to your track and I agree with Lokid about the build not really going anywhere. Maybe you could try adding another set of hats to give it a more shuffly feel to really build the tension as its going into the break.br
br
Other than that though I enjoyed it :slight_smile: