Working with singers?

Hello There

At the moment i have been contact for 2 singers (beginner level) the ones want me to produce their beats, basslines, stabs, strings, etc, but both guys are not very knowledgeable .

At myself i never imagine working with vocals, so far with a problem synchronize our ideas,

So do i should create few loops for them? and later the will sing to it, or do i should get some vocal recording and create the loops after?..

Best Regards

[quote]miglondon (01/05/2012)[hr]Hello There

At the moment i have been contact for 2 singers (beginner level) the ones want me to produce their beats, basslines, stabs, strings, etc, but both guys are not very knowledgeable .

At myself i never imagine working with vocals, so far with a problem synchronize our ideas,

So do i should create few loops for them? and later the will sing to it, or do i should get some vocal recording and create the loops after?..

Best Regards[/quote]

personally the whole "make the entire song for a singer (basically a performer of a single instrument with potentially no knowledge on music whatsoever, basically not a musician) who gets all the credit is a bull**** process which is why I’d say make the song and add their vocals to it to how YOU want and then put ft. their name in the credits. Think about it this way, if you knew a guy who wanted to play guitar for you in a track you wouldn’t base your entire track off the guitar part just because its a live instrument would you?

Egos aside, a lot of times it’s easier for a singer to hear reference material to get the tuning and the emotion of a track into their heads. Many producers will have a chord progression and a melody in mind and play it for the singer whose voice will then fill out the mix based on what the track feels like it needs.