Would love some feedback please

Would love some feedback on this track. I really struggled with the mixing because there was a lot of elements and the CPU on my computer was basically gone into overdrive. br
br
Heres the link:br
br
https://soundcloud.com/sanesauce-music/beyonce-bootleg-if-i-were-abr
br
Thanks

Hi Paul,br
br
First of all:great job overall. Enough variation, and I particulary like the way you broke down the stabbing chords from the 1st break in to pieces in the 2nd break. br
br
There is one thing however that really bothers me, and that’s the fact that it seems to me the pitch from the vocal doesn’t match the rest of the song. br
br
Also, in the 1st and 3rd break there’s a lot of white noise coming through the mix. I’m not sure if it comes from the synths playing the lead part or if it’s a seperate channel with white noise on it, but it comes through very hard, making it sound a bit harsh when played on higher volumes here on my setup.br
br
A minor thing I would mention is the ride-cymbal. It seems there’s some phasing or heavy chorus going on, I don’t know exactly what, but it just sounds weird to me when you fade it up in the piano-only-bit in the 2nd break. br
br
To my feeling, you could let the bass come through some more too, but I’m not sure if that’s appropriate for the genre you’re aiming for.br
br
Anyway, apart from these things I’d say it sounds solid. I hope it can be of any help.br
br
Cheers!

Thanks man nice feedback. Yeah the ride cymbal I went a bit overboard with the sidechaining because I just got Nicky Romeros plugin for sidechaining and went a bit mad with it haha. Will take all your critiques on board.br
br
If you have any track you want feedback on feel free to drop a link?br
br
Thanks

Yeah I agree with the synths sounding too harsh in places, it makes the rest of the mix sound unbalanced.br
br
I really like the bass and chord relationship though, very nice! :wink: