Would this do?

i know a few guys on the forum want harddance and although this aint great if i finish it i don’t mind uploading the Ableton file for people to have and look at.

Take You Back by jon_fisher

whats that synth sound that comes in at .37secs jon??

every sound on that track was Sylenth Sawtooth

so a sawtooth gives a sound that sort of darker edge?

a sawtooth will give it a more edgy sound

Hmm, looks like Soundcloud is done at the moment. Would be interested in listening to it thou Jon so will have a look later :slight_smile:

[quote]georgekadar (02/08/2010)[hr]so a sawtooth gives a sound that sort of darker edge?[/quote]

see dude, if you knew synthesis, then these things with sound design would come easy to you. this is why i think that a sound design series would be more beneficial then a HTSL Progressive Trance tutorial. Because in the end, if you dont know anything about sounds, youre still screwed…

here

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawtooth_wave[/url]

Not my cup of tea if I am honest Jon, to tech dance, like the riff pattern but not the sound also like the vocal but mainly because it is the same one that I used in Take Me Back!..lol

i’d be interested in taking a look at the ableton file jon its not my cup of tea anymore musically but i was a massive hardhouse/dance fan back in the day so would be interested to see the basics of a hard dance track…

Finished by total time for the project from start to finish was 5 hours, ok it’s not Dom Sweeten but sounds a site better than a lot already released on Trackitdown.

Just gotta tidy up the project folder and wait for my experiment to work and then i may let you guys have the file.

By the way its soundcloud making the bass sound flabby, it doesn’t sound like that on the wav

Take You Back by jon_fisher

[quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Not my cup of tea if I am honest Jon, to tech dance, like the riff pattern but not the sound also like the vocal but mainly because it is the same one that I used in Take Me Back!..lol

[/quote]

I’m guessing this is more the Nrg Hard-House, May have ago at that next or Psy Trance.

[quote]jon_fisher (02/08/2010)[hr][quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Not my cup of tea if I am honest Jon, to tech dance, like the riff pattern but not the sound also like the vocal but mainly because it is the same one that I used in Take Me Back!..lol

[/quote]

I’m guessing this is more the Nrg Hard-House, May have ago at that next or Psy Trance.[/quote]

I would say it more standard hard house than nrg, but seems like most hard house at the moment though is getting classed is nrg what does p*ss me off abit!

[quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (02/08/2010)[hr][quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Not my cup of tea if I am honest Jon, to tech dance, like the riff pattern but not the sound also like the vocal but mainly because it is the same one that I used in Take Me Back!..lol

[/quote]

I’m guessing this is more the Nrg Hard-House, May have ago at that next or Psy Trance.[/quote]

I would say it more standard hard house than nrg, but seems like most hard house at the moment though is getting classed is nrg what does p*ss me off abit![/quote]

hahaha thats why i labeled mine Hard Dance because i’ve been out of hard house for that long i couldn’t tell you what is what.

btw is that you on your own or you with a engineer???

Nice work John always knew you would come out of the closet sooner rather than later!!! lol!

No serously i like it, i’m more of a dramirez person but i like most things - nice edgy riff.

[quote]mejaques_uk@hotmail.com (02/08/2010)[hr]Nice work John always knew you would come out of the closet sooner rather than later!!! lol!

No serously i like it, i’m more of a dramirez person but i like most things - nice edgy riff.[/quote]

lol i’m more of a house and tech man like yourself but i thought i would have a good at making something harder, its also a bet with a friend.

Did it with my mate Gem but she didnt want her name to it, it was more like 60/40 towards her as she did the mixdown and master!:cool:

[quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Did it with my mate Gem but she didnt want her name to it, it was more like 60/40 towards her as she did the mixdown and master!:cool:[/quote]

gem stone by chance?

[quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Did it with my mate Gem but she didnt want her name to it, it was more like 60/40 towards her as she did the mixdown and master!:cool:[/quote]

gem stone from BT???

lucky girl just got her self a virus and a nord in one hit didn’t she ?

[quote]jon_fisher (02/08/2010)[hr][quote]boneidol (02/08/2010)[hr]Did it with my mate Gem but she didnt want her name to it, it was more like 60/40 towards her as she did the mixdown and master!:cool:[/quote]

gem stone from BT???

lucky girl just got her self a virus and a nord in one hit didn’t she ?[/quote]

You know her??

lol she’s certanly doing her rounds. We’re old good friends, used to go clubbing together and mix banging hard house vinyls round mine all the time when i lived in devon lol.

Yeah thats her, one of my best mates to be fair, we go under StoneIDOL now for our collabs, just we never get anything finished as always end up on a 2/3 days bender!..lol

Don’t think they have ordered the synths yet as think they want to test out my virus 1st.