Yamaha HS50m's

Im thinking of splashing out and getting a pair of HS50m’s, if I want to hook them up to my pc what other equipment will i need?

Thanks

well you will most likely need something to connect to the 1/4 inch inputs of the monitors like a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch connection or if you have an external audio interface then all you need are 1/4 inch jacks

So all i would need is an adapter cable to plug the speakers into the back of my pc?

I thought i would need to route them through a mixer?

if I have an external soundcard can i plug them straight in to that

[quote]DeepDub (08/06/2010)[hr]So all i would need is an adapter cable to plug the speakers into the back of my pc?

I thought i would need to route them through a mixer?

if I have an external soundcard can i plug them straight in to that[/quote]

you could route it to a mixer if you wanted to, but its not necessary to get your audio going to the speakers.

if you have an external soundcard you just route the audio to the usb/firewire connection whatever your ext. soundcard uses and connect to the monitor speakers.

yes the simplest thing you need is an adapter going to 1/4 (something like this http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/df1a34ce34d7733e897bfcd0c179334f.jpg) , plus the actual cables (1/4 inch jacks)

the best way though imo is using your audio interface’s(soundcard) connection (if you have one)

Perfect, thx for help.