How To Make - Nu Skool Retro House With Dancing Divaz / 255

Hi Fatech, you could try this course - http://www.sonicacademy.com/Tr...

Thanks my friend.

Thanks my friend

Chris Agnelli.
Your website is the best of all I knew, but I can give a suggestion that will make it much more complete ? Enter subtitles even in English because there may be many subscribers like me who do not know how to speak English, but when reading the caption I can understand better because reading has a better understanding that hearing . I was much more faithful to the site if you do this . It is the hint. Thank U.
Even I have 5 tracks on beatport and so was thanks to you and Sonicacademy . However so I'm able to communicate because I am using Google translator.

Half way through. Really dope man. Your early remixes Baby D, Corona, Dana Dawson etc were all getting smashed here in Melbourne when I first started discovering Club music, pretty awesome that im watching one of your tutorials now, all this time later!

Hey Thanks Adam , yeah where do all the years go ? lol I was lucky to tour Australia in 93 with the prodigy (as Dream Frequency) amazing Country , big ups ! :)

Great stuff in this tutorial, thanks very much. One issue ive come across though, im working through this in Ableton and ive reached the Arpegg stage. What notes are you using for those? Ive not found the arp sample in the project file that came with this course.

Many thanks

Butt

The vocal file says the bpm is 124 but Im noticing in the very first video your tempo is set to 126. Did you skip the step where you stretched the vocal or is the audio files name wrong and the vocal is actually set to 126? I put the tempo at both and neither line up in any obvious way since the entire consolidated file seems to just be pieces of chops. Anyway I'm posting this before actually watching the course so maybe by the time this is answered ill see a video where the vocal file is time stretched. If not, how did your tempo get to 126 with a vocal thats 124?

getting to the arrangement part of it now and did I really zone out and miss an entire section being built? haha. Where did the third secton of the song come from with the lower organ and bass with the harmony moving downwards instead of up like the first section and break. Which video was that third section made in? Also what key is the song in? Dont worry about my question below this one, it was answered in the vocal video that I seen right after posting it.

Just download the file project.

Any chance of this course in Ableton please?

YES YES PLEASE I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS IN ABLETON OR SOMETHING SIMULAR WITH PIANO... ITS ACTUALLY AN AWESOME TRACK!!

Please put something like this up in ableton??? AND i have to agree that its pretty weird that we cant see the plugins when ur working with them (as they're on screen 2) i understand screen carnage but we NEED to see them to learn!

Hi Guys, all the midi files and audio renders of the parts are in the downloadable resources so it should be easier to follow along in other DAWs including Ableton. Hope this helps

I just wanted to chime in to say this has been my favourite tutorial thus far on SA. Amazing job, Ian! I just finished my latest track with a lot of inspiration and guidance from your tutorial.

I really hope you come back with more. I could watch your stuff for days!

All your tutorials are great but just a few genres I think are very lacking in tutorials, The rise of G-House and NuDisco has been so huge yet I can find any tutorials on here at all apart from one a few years ago. Artist like KANT, Sonic Future, Teenage Mutants, Sharam Jay also labels like Sleazy Deep have been dominating the charts for the past 2 years but I havent seen any courses as yet. In particular the vocal samples for old hip hop tracks and pitching them into the track. Prime Example MK & Kant - Ey Yo samples Busta Rhymes how did they source that vocal and process it into a house track.

Brilliant Tutorial

What a legend… Ian is such a great “no fuss” tutor. This is a very clear and concise course that really helps focus in on some of the key elements of production: arrangement, mix balance and EQing with your ears not just your eyes. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and I hope to see Ian back with another one in the future.

1 Like

Great tutorial, spot on!

This is pretty great! Very clear!