How To Make - Progressive House - Tiger with Jerome Isma-Ae / 941

Progressive House - Tiger with Jerome Isma-Ae

View Course

Sonic Academy proudly welcomes back Jerome Isma-Ae this week for a brand new course, and this time he’s showing us how to make his and Alastor’s Progressive House track - ‘Tiger’.

In just 1hr 30 mins Jerome re-creates this awesome track from scratch proving to us once again that keeping things simple won’t take anything away from a great end result.

Building the drums followed by the melodic elements, it’s then a case of arranging out using live automation to keep the track evolving before mixing down and mastering. An easy-to-follow course where a ‘less-is-more’ approach nails it!

And that’s not all!

Jerome’s giving you guys a fantastic opportunity again and we’ve teamed up with Jee Productions to run another fantastic remix competition!

The ‘How To Make Tiger Remix Contest’ is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Jerome’s very own label Jee Productions which focuses on releasing cutting edge music and considered one of top Progressive House labels by Beatport.

With the recent success of our other remix competitions, we’re proud to have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing to see.
So, ourselves, Jerome and Alastor are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!

We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Just click the ‘Enter Remix Comp’ button to find out more! This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users.

Contest ends - 2020-11-04 07:00:00 UTC

1 Like

Really great sounding track & long time that I haven’t been diving into Logic so that’s gonna be an excellent one to follow I think. Great stuff, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

You have to love the simplicity of Jerome’s tracks, always a pleasure watching him work.

On the Details tab it says “Contest ends - 2020-11-04 07:00:00 UTC”. To me that reads as 4th November, but under the Remix competition tab it says the end date is 11 April, so I’m assuming that one’s correct.

Hi there @stephenr

All S.A Remix Competitions are hosted with a 3 weeks time duration unless decision to extend it.
So yes, it’s definitely 11th of April 2020 for the submission limit date.

PS: please refer to & post in the dedicated Remix Compeition Topic for all related comments, let’s keep this topic for the tutorial comments only, thanks.

Brilliant

Is there any chance of getting the midi for the arp for the remix comp please?

@RichWhitfield: Unfortunately not. We did this with a synth that we don´t have anymore. We only have the recorded audio file.

1 Like

Wait, there is a remix competition on this? I didn’t see it. I always like doing these.

1 Like

@Jerome: No worries, thanks for letting me know. I will have to try and work it out.

1 Like

Ok I have had a go at working out the arp. I think I have too many notes, meaning that some of the notes might be the delay on the synth rather than actual notes. It sounds ok though - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XWHZk2DHboTfS7bSMPXlgJRQqaAOeV1Z

2 Likes

@RichWhitfield: Yes, very close to the original arp. Just add a 8th note delay and you should be fine with your midi file. Good job!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

New favorite quote about compressors. “Iron it flat.” :slight_smile:

Brilliant, Jerome. As always the simplicity of your productions is heartbreaking.

As I first saw Jerome’s tutorials on “Kubrick” and “Timelapse”, I realised how simple it can actually be, to produce a good track without using 50+ channels in your DAW. Those videos literally changed my mindset when I’m about to start a new project and helped me having my music released for the very first time. Thank you for all this, just wanted to say that :wink:

1 Like

@travisp: hahaha

@tobypearce: Thank you very much!

@nicky_morales: Congrats to your first release! I´m very glad to hear that our videos helped you with your productions.

2 Likes

Jerome Isma-Ae has the best sound, I think i buy ana 2 now