How To Make - Tech House 2014 - Dirty Secretz / 301

Tech House 2014 - Dirty Secretz

View Course

Dirty Secretz is one of house music’s worst-kept secrets and with DJ support for his productions coming from the likes of Roger Sanchez, Andi Durrant, Fatboy Slim, Prok & Fitch and Fedde Le Grande – it’s easy to see why the UK DJ is causing a fuss on both sides of the Atlantic. For his first appearance on Sonic Academy Dirty Secretz AKA Richie shows us how to carve out that unmistakable, signature house groove into each of his tutorials, and how to arrange your productions to get the right impact  on that all important dance floor. 

finally!!!!!!! this is soooo cool. Thanks SA :)

when you click on basic arrangement it starts the bass tutorial again

Tutorial 5 fixed :) apologies!

really good solid tutorial.

Really well explained, learned nice new things. Many thanks!

Really well explained, learned nice new things. Many thanks!

Great tutorial Richie, thanks

I just listen to the track. I ask myself whats the difference between making tech-house 2011, 2010... and so on. What I mean its just somehow the solid basics like allways. I would really would like to see a tutorial what goes more advance with the special . things and uses modern sounddesign, fx-combinations and so on. Thanks for that one.

Good one. At tutorial 6 (More drums) he create a channel for the drums. How is the best way to do this in Logic?

best course so far!

Really good tutorial. Made me think about the way I construct tracks in a different and simpler way. Thoroughly recommended.

Honestly none of these tutorials give me advance tips !!!!!!!!!!!

This tutorial was perfect for me. It was an intermediate tutorial, not advanced, so I was glad it didn&#039t get too advanced. I don&#039t know why anyone would expect advanced tips in an intermediate tutorial but hey, it was very helpful. Like previously said it showed different ways of doing things and makes some things easier. Great tutorial!

Really good tutorial. I really enjoyed the approach you took to the drums. Sometimes I get stuck not knowing how to vary them from the standard kick, snare and hats, but this really helps spark new ideas. Thanks!

Really good tutorial. I really enjoyed the approach you took to the drums. Sometimes I get stuck not knowing how to vary them from the standard kick, snare and hats, but this really helps spark new ideas. Thanks!

clap clap clap ! guys plz put more tutorials like this one !

Why not select all percussion tracks and create a group as opposed to routing to Drums channel? Wouldn't this have the same affect in Ableton? Great tutorial as usual :-)

only halfway through and this is already my fav tutorial so far, really like this approach to production, more like this please :)

Grouping them would only put them all in a folder, while it would still organize the percussion sounds, you would still have to put your FX on each individual channel. Routing them into one channel puts the FX on all the percussion equally.