A Mac and a PC had a bast@rd child?

I recently have been considering updating my old mac pro for a new one but £2,000 made my eyes water! There’s no way on earth I could afford that, Apple also make it almost impossible to upgrade the processor and you would have to resort to underground tactics which I ain’t confident in doing!

Apparently there is a way of running Mac OS on a pc! So if I was to buy a high end PC with a spec that had big balls! (Less than half the price of a mac) Would I effectively have a new mac – intel is intel right?

I had a look at this site which shows you how to do it

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-mac-os-x-on-a-pc-without-using-a-mac/

Mac= for Rich People

PC= for poor People

hehehe.

i want a Mac really bad too man . :frowning:

I know man! I got in debt for my last one 5 years ago!

If this new method works even the poor people stand a chance! :slight_smile:

Loads of info here with success stories!

[quote]alinenunez (11/11/2010)[hr]Mac= for Rich People

PC= for poor People

hehehe.

i want a Mac really bad too man . :([/quote]

thats quite wrong to be fair, i work a minimum wage job and still managed to own a mac and a shed load of plug-ins as well as run a house and support my wife and two children. you just need to learn how to budget.

Wow! Can you do a set of tutorial videos on that!!!

[quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr]Wow! Can you do a set of tutorial videos on that!!![/quote]

its easy all you need to do is stop drinking smoking or doing anything you actually like, eat only cheap brands and don’t buy any new clothes until you have the mac

i could still shave another £10-£30 off my weekly bills by simply dropping my internet, phones and tv but thats not gona happen lol

Tight @ss! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr]Tight @ss! :P[/quote]

like a camels *** in a sandstorm

What about selling some Sperm?

or a Lung or a Kidney?

[quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]What about selling some Sperm?

or a Lung or a Kidney?[/quote]

No-one wants to buy any spunk in Wales … I have buckets of the stuff just lying round going bad … really frustrating!

Wonder if Howie would accept some for his copy of that Sample Magic book?

[quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]Wonder if Howie would accept some for his copy of that Sample Magic book?[/quote]

If he does I’ll get right on it and cook him up a fresh batch!!! :smiley:

Sweet - Nothing like that homecooked smell.

[quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]What about selling some Sperm?

No-one wants to buy any spunk in Wales … I have buckets of the stuff just lying round going bad … really frustrating![/quote]

invite johns mum around for tea man ,she’ll drink the lot good or bad and relieve your frustrations to boot !!!:smiley:

The kinda spec you can get on a PC for less than half the cost of a mac really does blow the mac away, I seriously can’t understand how Apple can warrent charging people so much for their hardware.

Plus they barely have any gaming support, only a few select games, & you can’t really upgrade macs without having to buy a whole new unit.

All i need to do if i want more ram or more gfx on my PC is open my unit up and plug the new hardware in, simples.

Thinking of crosswiring my gfx with another 5700, will be epic.

[quote]Roben (11/11/2010)[hr]The kinda spec you can get on a PC for less than half the cost of a mac really does blow the mac away, I seriously can’t understand how Apple can warrent charging people so much for their hardware.[/quote]

I love my old mac … but I feel Apple are forcing my hand with my need to upgrade this time … I may have to turn to the darkside (PC)! But if I can run Mac OS on a fast PC I might be on the darkside with a bit light! :slight_smile:

[quote]eggsorsist (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]

invite johns mum around for tea man ,she’ll drink the lot good or bad and relieve your frustrations to boot !!!:D[/quote]

I would, but Jon gets really touchy about it, his tears really put me off my stroke!

[quote]Roben (11/11/2010)[hr]The kinda spec you can get on a PC for less than half the cost of a mac really does blow the mac away, I seriously can’t understand how Apple can warrent charging people so much for their hardware.

Plus they barely have any gaming support, only a few select games, & you can’t really upgrade macs without having to buy a whole new unit.

All i need to do if i want more ram or more gfx on my PC is open my unit up and plug the new hardware in, simples.

Thinking of crosswiring my gfx with another 5700, will be epic.[/quote]

seriously dude you don’t buy a mac for Gaming, you buy a Xbox or Ps3, Pc gaming is for those that don’t get laid, spend all their time with their mums pants under their noses (egg)

and people don’t pay for a mac because of the spec its for the OS and maybe a little for the look and the reason why people choose mac’s is because they do work. in 8 years the only problems ive ever had is because i’ve played around with something i know f all about. Mac’s are rock solid simple as. i know you get more RAM, HD, CPU with a pc but whats the ***** point if it falls at the first hurdle…

[quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]eggsorsist (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]

invite johns mum around for tea man ,she’ll drink the lot good or bad and relieve your frustrations to boot !!!:D[/quote]

I would, but Jon gets really touchy about it, his tears really put me off my stroke![/quote]

i told you those were tears of joy

[quote]eggsorsist (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]gavisthename (11/11/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (11/11/2010)[hr]What about selling some Sperm?

No-one wants to buy any spunk in Wales … I have buckets of the stuff just lying round going bad … really frustrating![/quote]

I’m sick of you talking trash about my mum, one time you’re telling her you love her and the next you trash talk. I know she’s fat with half her teeth missing, only one leg, smells of wet dog and custard but dude show her some respect and phone her the next day.

you know you’re no oil painting