A really good compressor to buy.(vst)

can you guys recommend a really good compressor (vst) to buy not to expensive though. like maybe $100 or less.

i keep seeing the logic tutorials and i envy that compressor in camparison to the ableton live compressor, i don’t want to buy logic right now. SA?

Hmm, I find the compressor in Ableton really good. Are you sure you don’t want to give it a bit more of a chance?

What is it about the one in Logic you prefer, or moreover what don’t you like about the Ableton one out of interest?

Try ‘the glue’ it’s excellent and you will not find anything better for 3 times as much.

Glue

Some great info here:

[quote]jinking (20/11/2010)[hr]Mastering the tunes is essential if you want your Music to go places. Just composing and recording the song does not make the song complete. What polishes and packages the song is the mastering done on it. What is mastering? Mastering is the finesse provided to the song to make it sound professional. Mastering is the process through which the song is tweaked to make it sound perfect. The mastering engineer listens to the song with a fresh perspective and modifies it accordingly. The mastering studio comprises of all the modern equipments for mastering process. It includes compressor, equalizer, synthesizers and the rest. Mastering engineer has years of experience in mastering the song. Some of the defects, which remain uncorrected in the recording stage are rectified in the mastering stage. The mastering process is now also available online. Online mastering services are affordable and convenient. It is easy to access the online services as all it needs is to upload the files on the mastering sites and get it mastered. internet mastering services are becoming popular owing to its ease and convenience. The quality of these services is in no way less than the attended mastering services. The service is way more affordable too. Mastered tunes are highly contagious and hummable. It is the professional touch given to the album before it is released for commercial sale. The difference is apparent when such tracks are played alongside amateur ones. With the music frenzy population, any musician worth his salt, cannot afford to forgo mastering services, however good might be his rendition.[/quote]

Hardware or software?

VST :stuck_out_tongue:

Hardware compressors for the win to be honest

[quote]Roben (20/11/2010)[hr]Hardware compressors for the win to be honest[/quote]

do you know a hardware comp for a $100 ?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was waiting for someone else to say that :smiley:

Ebay

[quote]Roben (20/11/2010)[hr]Hardware compressors for the win to be honest[/quote]

what ones do you have roben ?

[quote]ICN (20/11/2010)[hr]Some great info here:

[quote]jinking (20/11/2010)[hr]Mastering the tunes is essential if you want your Music to go places. Just composing and recording the song does not make the song complete. What polishes and packages the song is the mastering done on it. What is mastering? Mastering is the finesse provided to the song to make it sound professional. Mastering is the process through which the song is tweaked to make it sound perfect. The mastering engineer listens to the song with a fresh perspective and modifies it accordingly. The mastering studio comprises of all the modern equipments for mastering process. It includes compressor, equalizer, synthesizers and the rest. Mastering engineer has years of experience in mastering the song. Some of the defects, which remain uncorrected in the recording stage are rectified in the mastering stage. The mastering process is now also available online. Online mastering services are affordable and convenient. It is easy to access the online services as all it needs is to upload the files on the mastering sites and get it mastered. internet mastering services are becoming popular owing to its ease and convenience. The quality of these services is in no way less than the attended mastering services. The service is way more affordable too. Mastered tunes are highly contagious and hummable. It is the professional touch given to the album before it is released for commercial sale. The difference is apparent when such tracks are played alongside amateur ones. With the music frenzy population, any musician worth his salt, cannot afford to forgo mastering services, however good might be his rendition.[/quote][/quote]

also easy to misread and find misleading information in.

Pure Sh!t - I agree.

Just a SEO optimised sales latter with a link, Copied and pasted to every music related forum on the planet

[url=http://jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=856133]Creating Magic with Music - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards

why people think that SPAM is the best way to advertise?!

I dont have one?! But i love the one at college

The Compressor - Thats an odd nickname for someone at College Rob.

How did you give him that name? :wink: :hehe: :cool:

depends on what you are looking for. Yes hardware is great. Alesis 3630 is $99 and is hardware. But not good for all around. But for software, the Glue, for sure. But strictly as a bus compressor for me.

So funny though, Roben has become a gear snob! :smiley:

thanks for replies, i think i like the fact that the logic compressor has circuit type selector. i see that in the SA toot’s on compression that they used alot of the logic compressor, i assume it was becuase ableton didnt have the circuit types.

still trying to master the art of compression to be honest. any other vst’s people can suggest? the glue looks cool, but i think i dont like the needle vu meter.

[quote]caliphono1200 (21/11/2010)[hr]thanks for replies, i think i like the fact that the logic compressor has circuit type selector. i see that in the SA toot’s on compression that they used alot of the logic compressor, i assume it was becuase ableton didnt have the circuit types.

still trying to master the art of compression to be honest. any other vst’s people can suggest? the glue looks cool, but i think i dont like the needle vu meter.[/quote]

Ableton Comp is great and has all the circuit types of logic.

Its a pretty “clean” compressor… . doesn’t add as much character as some. great for controlling individual sounds.

If you want a “Character” compressor for your mix buss the Glue is good… nice silky warmth to it and adds the classic mix buss vibe. the waves artist series is incredible at adding character to mixes. just run out of the demo… £400 odd for any of the waves artist mix packs but great sounds of them.