Abelton help

can any one help me here:D

im useing abelton and have 22 tracks but when i play them all on the chours my cpu load meter hits 92 and the sound keeps breaking up and crackling:crazy:

can any one tell me how to fix this problem;)

Bounce down to audio (or freeze/flatten) anything that is using a lot of plug ins.

If your tracks are already audio stems (frozen or imported waves the only other thing you can do is place your chorus on a return track and feed the individual tracks the desired send amounts. Assuming you haven’t already done that.

If your cpu is still hitting 90+ after that I’d consider upgrading your comp with a faster cpu.

22 tracks sounds a lot but if they are stems you shouldn’t really be hitting anywhere near 90+ on lives cpu meter on a semi up to date computer setup.

There are a few reasons this could be happening.

1. You are running a cracked copy of Ableton.
  2. Your computer is too slow and you need a faster computer.
  3. In the audio signal section, you are using Complex Pro too much.

These are the things that first pop in my head. If I was to choose one, I would honestly say you are running a cracked copy of Ableton Live. :ermm:

[quote]howiegroove (12/10/2009)[hr]There are a few reasons this could be happening.

These are the things that first pop in my head. If I was to choose one, I would honestly say you are running a cracked copy of Ableton Live. :ermm:[/quote]

Steady on Howie you are virtually accusing the dude of theft.:unsure:

Maybe he’s running a beta? …lets face it some of the legit beta versions Ableton have punted out also suffer from many similar problems.

Without any detail about what plugins could be running in his project its impossible at this stage to tell. I mean if there are just a handful of vsti’s the cpu could easily rack up a 90+ on the cpu.

:laugh: easy on howie

i use abelton and reason rewired 

this only happens when i use plugins and dont sample off them from abelton ?

mybe i need a sound card or a new pc

Hey guys, I wasn’t accusing. The reason I mentioned that is because I saw it happen first hand. I had a friend that was using a pirated version of Live and when was having the same issue. Its all good though, I was just saying that if that was the case, they are really buggy. No accusations at all.

I dont know what a rewire would do though, since i dont rewire. I would get a mac tho! :wink:

[quote]howiegroove (12/10/2009)[hr]There are a few reasons this could be happening.

These are the things that first pop in my head. If I was to choose one, I would honestly say you are running a cracked copy of Ableton Live. :ermm:[/quote]

Woah! Steady on dude LOOOL!!

damn, im getting assaulted! :crazy:

yeah, yeah I saw it spike that high only when the program was booted. I run ridiculous fx chains and it only goes up to 80%, so thats why im sayin. I’ve never rewired tho.

I would just bounce the rewire audio and quit the rewire so you are only running the audio then.

i have gotta say the only time i’ve had ableton spike like that was when i was running extended version’s of ableton demo :slight_smile: so i can see why howard would have mentioned this. how ever different machines will spike for different reason’s. my spikes disappeared when i went legit. even more my cpu went from 85% to 12% on the same project

i have a friend thats claiming his machine is worse now that he has a paid for version of his daw, he say’s that his machine is using around 50% more cpu with a legit version but thats bull

May I please remind everyone on forum rules before anyone steps over line.

“Any talk of illegal file sharing sites, illegal software download sites, the use of cracked software, how to obtain cracked software or anything else of the kind is NOT permitted. Doing so will result in the thread being instantly removed and the user may also be banned.”

I’d the say the most likely answer is that your computer isn’t powerful enough to run the programme, but as suggested right at the start, freezing a number of tracks that you aren’t looking to edit in the near future would be an easy solution and only flatten if you are 100% sure you’ll not want to edit the sound of the track again.

There was though a version of Airport on the mac that made Ableton’s CPU spike randomly for no reason, which was fun!

Hey guys stop the bitchin lol it’s probably as simple as your computer spec isn’t goos enough?

Try disabling some programs in msconfig if you can, maybe a virus check. Maybe use one daw at a time. See if these things make a difference.

And there’s nothing wrong with a “try before you buy”

[quote]roben (12/10/2009)[hr]May I please remind everyone on forum rules before anyone steps over line.

“Any talk of illegal file sharing sites, illegal software download sites, the use of cracked software, how to obtain cracked software or anything else of the kind is NOT permitted. Doing so will result in the thread being instantly removed and the user may also be banned.”[/quote]

Who are you, the police?

Dude, frickin relax! No one was talking about cracking software, obtaining it, or file sharing. We were all trying to help solve a guys issue and previous knowledge could have helped him if that were the case. So take a chill pill dude.

[quote]howiegroove (12/10/2009)[hr]Hey guys, I wasn’t accusing. The reason I mentioned that is because I saw it happen first hand. I had a friend that was using a pirated version of Live and when was having the same issue. Its all good though, I was just saying that if that was the case, they are really buggy. No accusations at all.

I dont know what a rewire would do though, since i dont rewire. I would get a mac tho! ;)[/quote]

:laugh: alls good in the hood;)

Ding Ding ere we go again !:frowning:

yea really , i think we should have a vinyl vs cdj debate instead

VINYL!!! :w00t:

CDJ!!!:w00t:

REEL TO REEL :w00t: