Ableton Live 9

Ok so I’m getting to grips with the new layout and colour, actually didn’t like the new colouring so I changed that BUT… anyone have any idea how i get my returns to show?br
br

to the right of the master channel are buttons for ‘I-O’, ‘S’, ‘R’, etc… click ‘R’ for returns.

Cheers!

Guys - did anyone have live 8 suite and have bought live 9 suite? The reason I’m asking is that it looks like the 9 suite is a 55Gb download. I’m hoping that its not that big if you already have 8 Suite as the instruments will carry over.

I have 8 suite, I didn’t install ALL the instruments in the first place though. The upgrade wasn’t that big though.

i had live suite 8 and upgraded to 9 suite. but for example my suite 9 (64-bit) download was only 0.7Gb.br
br
not sure but i think the library is simply a bunch of packs that you can download (e.g. software instruments, sounds, max for live packs). there are quite a few packs available to me.br
br
Here what ableton says under ‘Finish installing your library’:br
br
The Live 9 Suite (Upgrade) installer comes with a core library, but to complete your library you’ll need to choose the sounds and devices you want to install.

Thanks guys. I’ll be getting it this weekend.

Hi Guys,/PPSo it looks like a few of you now have ableton 9 - what are your initial thoughts is it worth upgrading? Watched a few vids on it and do like the new features of automation in clip view, the new EQ8 and also the audio to midi functions. I notice that a few people who have previously used logic now seem to be ditching it in favour of live 9!!!

difference good or difference bad? :slight_smile:

Just tried out the demo and the sounds are a lot more crisp!br
br
Did anyone go for the Ableton Suite full version?

Yes - I went for the full Suite upgrade from Suite 8, as it only cost an extra £30 this week with the special offer they have going if you currently own Max for Live.br
br
I knew early into the Beta getting this upgrade was a no-brainer for me. When I went back to Ableton 8 after working with the Beta for a few weeks everything felt and looked clunkier somehow. Although some have criticised Live 9 for not having a load of shiny new devices, I prefer how Ableton have tightened up and overhauled most of the core elements, such as the new compressor and gate. The visual feedback you get on these makes understanding how they are affecting the signal much easier.br
br
Funnily enough, the biggest difference I have noticed on a daily basis is the new EQ8, together with the ability to customise new track defaults. It makes balancing the elements of your tracks so much easier to have a new track automatically assigned with an EQ that lets you visually sculpt and mould your sound as you want it. I have my default tracks now set up with an EQ8 and a Utility plugin set to -12dB to give me headroom for mixing down and mastering later on.br
br
If you work with Ableton, I would definitely recommend this update - and I’d jump on the special offer this week while it lasts if you have the coin to spare.br
br

So u can adda new track and an E Q 8 is auto on the track? br
br
I think the 50gb content is all the session drums etc (i already had a boxed version with the DVDs) I’ve downloaded the lot, had a bit of fun too beat boxing and laughing to myself mwwhahahahaaa :Dbr

[quote]Rob… (07/03/2013)[hr]Has anyone notice a difference in sound quality in live 9 or is it me imagining the difference.[/quote]br
br
I thought it was just me, defo sounds better somehow.

[quote]andybez (07/03/2013)[hr]So u can adda new track and an E Q 8 is auto on the track? [/quote]br
br
Yes - but you can put whatever you want onto a new track and save it as the default. Once you have the track set out with all the devices you would like as your new ‘default’, just right click over the selected tracks header and choose ‘Save as Default Audio Track’ or ‘Save as Default MIDI Track’ right at the end of the list. Saves a ton of time.br
br
Regarding audio quality, do you really notice the difference between Ableton and other DAWs? I personally used to have Logic alongside Ableton and couldn’t tell the difference, as long as all of Ableton’s devices are set to ‘High Quality’ mode.

I assume all live 8 projects sound exactly the same when opened in 9???br
br
Also, has anyone bough the Push controller?

[quote]Mr. Nobody (08/03/2013)[hr]I assume all live 8 projects sound exactly the same when opened in 9???[/quote]/PPWas just thinking of asking the same question.nbsp; I allready bought the upgrade, but hesitate to install it because I still have a few projects I would really like to finish.nbsp; So if I upgrade to 9 I hope I don’t have a lot of work to do adjusting the new EQ’s, compressors, and all the other stuff like analog synths,…nbsp; Is there anybody thatnbsp;used 9 to open advanced (to pretty much finished) projectsnbsp;made innbsp;8?nbsp; Any incovenient consequences there?

[quote]nicowuyts (08/03/2013)[hr][quote]Mr. Nobody (08/03/2013)[hr]I assume all live 8 projects sound exactly the same when opened in 9???[/quote]br
br
Was just thinking of asking the same question. I allready bought the upgrade, but hesitate to install it because I still have a few projects I would really like to finish. So if I upgrade to 9 I hope I don’t have a lot of work to do adjusting the new EQ’s, compressors, and all the other stuff like analog synths,… Is there anybody thatused 9 to open advanced (to pretty much finished) projectsmade in8? Any incovenient consequences there?[/quote]br
br
Yep me, absolutely NO problems what so ever.br
You MAY find issues if you’re updating to the 64bit version live 9 though as some of your old plug ins may be only 32bit. I couldn’t be ****ed with 64bit live9 so I had no issues with my projects.