ANA won't show up Ableton

I purchased a new laptop (rMBP) and downloaded ANA from the downloads section of my account. However, it no longer shows up anywhere. It says it installs correctly but it won’t show up in Ableton. Any suggestions?

Did you select the correct vst plugin folder during installation… Have you enabled this folder in ableton?

It never gave me an option to select a VST folder. I just clicked the 64 bit mac option, chose the hard drive as the installation location, and then it went through the installation process. Is there a way to manually select this?

Ah you are on mac… Are you using ableton 64?

I’m having this same problem - ANA vst won’t open in Ableton 9 64bit. I see it in the VST list but it won’t open. The AU version works fine, but I prefer VST. br
br
I’m on Mac OS 10.8.5br
Ableton 9.0.5 64 bitbr
ANA v1.5br
br
thanksbr
Joe T

do you get an error or a crash? or just nothing?

If I try to load it into an empty Ableton 64bit session, nothing happens. br
br
If I’ve been working with ANA in 32bit and then try to open the same session in 64bit I get this error: ‘VST “Sonic Academy: A.N.A”: This VST Plug-in is not compatible with Live.’

any news?br
br
thanksbr
br
jt

???br
br
thanksbr
br
jt

[quote]joethibodeau (25/11/2013)[hr]???br
br
thanksbr
br
jt[/quote]br
br
sorry -br
br
can you try this build and see if it works?br
br
http://s3.amazonaws.com/SonicXtra/Product/Upload/SonicAcademyA.N.Ax64_v1.50_compabilitybuild.pkg.zip

when I tried the link I get an error in my browser and am unable to download the file…br
br
here’s the error messagebr
br
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.br
Errorbr
CodeAccessDenied/Codebr
MessageAccess Denied/Messagebr
RequestIdA474310336371B95/RequestIdbr
HostIdbr
ouEmfmiD10O2EcXuRDM3aQJemmhtCWLBIf80XUONoe2o2lG5U1ekWt+GZPZSaaO3br
/HostIdbr
/Error

[quote]joethibodeau (03/12/2013)[hr]when I tried the link I get an error in my browser and am unable to download the file…br
br
here’s the error messagebr
br
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.br
Errorbr
CodeAccessDenied/Codebr
MessageAccess Denied/Messagebr
RequestIdA474310336371B95/RequestIdbr
HostIdbr
ouEmfmiD10O2EcXuRDM3aQJemmhtCWLBIf80XUONoe2o2lG5U1ekWt+GZPZSaaO3br
/HostIdbr
/Error[/quote]br
br
please try nowbr

yep - that link works and the new build is loading in Ableton 64 bit just finebr
br
thanks!

I spoke too soon. It worked once, but it’s doing the same thing again - if I double-click on it, a new track is created buy ANA does not loadbr
br
thanksbr
br
jt

I am having this problem also. ANA worked perfectly in Live on my old Toshiba but won’t show up in my new iMac, also using Live. I downloaded the 64 bit version. It tells me it has installed successfully but I can’t find it. I tried the link Bryan provided but that didm\t work either.

are you using 64bit version of Live.br
br
what is your system specs?

Yes - 64 bit version (as far as I know, I don’t see this written anywhere but it says that i5 processors are all 64 bit when I checked on the web. . iMac Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MBbr
br
I’m a newbie Mac user - I thought they were supposed to be easier to use but everything seems hidden away. I can’t find the folders they talk about in the Live manual - br
'Your VST Plug-ins will normally be installed in the following folder in your home and local directories: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST. You can turn Live’s use of these plug-ins on or off with the Use VST Plug-ins in System Folders option.\

Ableton has a specific 64bit version.br
br
you might be using the standard 32 bit version so try installing the ANA 32.

I am using 64 bit Live. It is 64 bit on Windows computer also. I tried the 32 bit just in case and nothing happens either. I opened a project from Windows computer on the Mac (OS 10.8.5) and get message that ANA olugins are disabled because ANA can’t be found.

I am using 64 bit live on a macbook pro running OSX 10.8.5 with 8GB Ram.br
br
I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit ANA AU and VST installed.br
br
when I try to load ANA in as a VST in 64 bit live, it does not open, and I get no error message - simply, nothing happens.br
br
thanksbr
br
Joe