Are you guys gonna ever create new tutorials

IM wondering when sonic academy will make new and advanced tutorials for maschine Ni , Ableton live 9 , Traktor pro 2 … i mean , i honestly havent learnt much at all … if you guys dont shape up you will loose a subscriber

[quote]SachiiBeatz (01/01/2014)[hr]IM wondering when sonic academy will make new and advanced tutorials for maschine Ni , Ableton live 9 , Traktor pro 2 … i mean , i honestly havent learnt much at all … if you guys dont shape up you will loose a subscriber[/quote]br
br
Hibr
br
we are constantly looking to bring out new content and to do new courses - we are working on a few ourselves as well as a few artist ones due soon.br
br
Im curious as to which tutorials you have already watched? you have had the subscription for a couple months now i see, but there are literally hundreds of hours of videos to watch on the site - are none of these of any interest to you?

I have tried a little bit of everything but mostly Techno , Tech house , mixing and mastering courses some of them seem OK but once you really get into it i loss interest because even the songs that they are working on are usually very bad "Production and arrangement wise sometimes even the overall sound of the composition - br
br
Why can we work on songs that really sound good and Phat like Ant Brooks , D . Remirez , Anything from Octopus records like sounds and Songs that actually Feel REAL and Full not just some sequenced maschine drum beat with a super thin sounding Bassline , anything music wise i have heard from sonic academy doesnt really make me feel like i will gain anything as a semi advanced user … i have been a composer producer for 8 years now and that doesnt matter because i wanna learn everyday something new and it just simply seems that your company is not give that super edge that an Advanced user needs and craves… br
br
i dont mean to be rude and up front but i have been paying for this subscription for more then just a couple of months …br

And also most of us work in Ableton Live 9 and Traktor pro 2 … we would like to see updated software being used by your instructors … i dont know anything about djing and Traktor and i would love to learn , but im not gonna learn if your instructors are using Traktor pro and im using pro 2 … Now im gonna have to look else where for traktor course perhaps purchesing a course for a one time fee or another subscribing somewhere else so i can effectively learn ! br
br
and that leads me to think that i should no longer be a subscriber to your services your offering… perhaps all these tutorials and courses are good for beginners only

[quote]SachiiBeatz (01/01/2014)[hr]And also most of us work in Ableton Live 9 and Traktor pro 2 … we would like to see updated software being used by your instructors … i dont know anything about djing and Traktor and i would love to learn , but im not gonna learn if your instructors are using Traktor pro and im using pro 2 … Now im gonna have to look else where for traktor course perhaps purchesing a course for a one time fee or another subscribing somewhere else so i can effectively learn ! br
br
and that leads me to think that i should no longer be a subscriber to your services your offering… perhaps all these tutorials and courses are good for beginners only[/quote]br
br
I wouldn’t say most people work in Live 9 and Traktor Pro 2 - there are still a lot of people out there using older software / alternative software, but our courses going forward for Live will be in Live 9 - Any further tutorials for Traktor will be in Traktor Pro 2. We usually cater for the demand when it comes to the tutorials (we did a survey last year which we based 2013s content on)br
br
Have you had a look at our Traktor Pro course? There is not a massive difference between the 2, but we do have it short listed to be updated to 2.0br
br
regarding the quality of the courses being released, if you look at some of the recent ones this year, they are from Dirty Secretz, Ryan Enzed, Copy Paste Soul, Vince Watson and Gigi Barocco.br
br
All of these artists release stuff on well known labels and are supported by some very top DJs - so their content is very worthwhile checking out.br
br
More advanced stuff is quite hard to teach as it really just comes to creative flair at this point, perhaps the tech tips / fast track build and Sonic Rewind is where you should be looking for off the cuff creative stuff. We will have a 2014 survey going out shortly, it might be worth leaving some ideas / opinions in there for us to consider for the year going forward - we are always looking to improve as a service!br

Well I joined the website 14/05/2008 and have been subscribed pretty much the whole time. I think the website and content is worth EVERY penny.br
br
There are 100s of hours of valuable resource here and you can learn something from everything, just because a ‘sound’ isn’t to your liking it doesn’t mean you can’t learn something from it.br
It’s about learning the skills and using those skills to apply in making what sound YOU want.br
br
Thanks to everything I’ve learned here at SA I’m fully confident that if you gave me a track to ‘re-create’ I’d be able to do it fairly competently. (Not that I will because I’m not spending days and valuable time just to ‘prove a point’)br
br
br
Hey if you’re not happy with SA, feel free to go to Point Blank where you can get 8 weeks of courses in Ableton Live 1: Production for £695.00 then a further £695.00 for another 8 weeks in Ableton Live 2: Sound Design. Awesome 4 months of tutorials for £1390.br
br
Oh but wait, isn’t it only £99 here at SA with regular credible ARTISTS uploading videos as well for a whole YEAR? No sorry £79 with the 20% discount going right now.br
br
br
br
br
br
br
Like I said, WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Cool story bro thanks for the msg :smiley:

I agree with what Roben and Bryan have said. I will have been a subscriber for 4yrs in March and can honestly say its the best £80 a year I’ve ever spent.br
br
Not only do the guys provide regular tutorial updates, (my favourites are the Sonic Rewind at the mo) they’re also on hand for any questions, advice and general chat which I know for a fact you have to pay extra for that kind of service with other companies.br
br
They’ve created a fantastic synth called ANA, have just released a new ground breaking drum synth called KICK and have also created a set of drum samples catering to pretty much all forms of dance music and all for super cheap prices! br
br
I can see where you’ve coming from though, being at an advanced level of producing, as I feel I’m at a level where I can put a track together reasonably well now. So rather than recreating what I’m watching in the tutorial step-by-step like I used to i’m now just using it as a guide and looking out for new ideas etc… br
br
But it’s still definitely well worth the money and I’ll be subscribing again when it runs out in March :smiley:

Maybe you should ask specific questions in the subscriber support section and see how the guys answer them.

I agree with Roben. Best site in the world for music production for the price. Been a subscriber now for 5 years and the way the site is developing with the tutorials, ANA and KICK etc really shows that these boys no their stuff. A real good mix of proven producer tutorial and the sonic academy team. Believe me this site is constantly developing and moving forward anyone can see that, but at the end of the day you are entitled to your own opinion.

[quote]SachiiBeatz (02/01/2014)[hr]Cool story bro thanks for the msg :D[/quote]br
br
Dude, that’s a bit rude.

[quote]jonsloan (03/01/2014)[hr][quote]SachiiBeatz (02/01/2014)[hr]Cool story bro thanks for the msg :D[/quote]br
br
Dude, that’s a bit rude.[/quote]br
br
Welcome to the internet aha :stuck_out_tongue:

:crazy: I know

Even if something is free, there will always be someone that’s not happy with the service.

3 guys doing their best to cover every genre in dance music, on different platforms, trying to re-create the sound of the most successful producers in the world, what do you expect? For the Prog house to be as good as Prydz, the trance to be as good as O’Callaghan, the techno to be as good as Hawtin? br
br
The tutorials give you a sound base, after that it’s up to you to push on further.br
br
I would be no where near where I am without this website!

[quote]JimmyHep (04/01/2014)[hr]3 guys doing their best to cover every genre in dance music, on different platforms, trying to re-create the sound of the most successful producers in the world, what do you expect? For the Prog house to be as good as Prydz, the trance to be as good as O’Callaghan, the techno to be as good as Hawtin? br
br
The tutorials give you a sound base, after that it’s up to you to push on further.br
br
I would be no where near where I am without this website![/quote]br
br
+1br
br
well said;)

I agree this is the best site for computer music! br
br
I would like to see more get that sound type vids:D

I think what he’s trying to say is that non of the tutorials have been able to give him the winning formula to become a global superstar DJ just yet.br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br
… as if it was that easy.

br
Roben brother you need to move one now and go create that thin sound you have been creating in your lame productions that i just heard on soundscloud … and stop trying to belittle me … you dont know the abilities i have as a composer/ producers— if i was you i would just mind my own business at this point !

your mid range is horrible your compression approach is all over the grid 2 words (Ration/Threshold) perhaps you can using some help in the Lower range of your sounds cuz it seems that you cut the hell out of it juts liek a " butcher at a meat shop "… how about space in your mix like using a stereo imager to widen your track soo it wont sound like a bunch of mashed potatoes … PERHAPS some duplicate copies of tracks planned left and right that might fit best to create even more space in your track , how about on your master channel stop squashing the **** out of everything … MR BIG DJ br
br
br
i dont even talk about your creative abilities and or musical melodies … its not my place to say … but you know im a classically trained pianist and i have been a working composer for the past 5 years soo yeaaa br
br
if you didnt want such a negative response it would have been best not to try and make me feel like a retard br
br
P.S if you are interested in comparing your work to mine just let me know - have a great new year