Best production headphones for under £150

Hi, just subscribed for the year and was wondering which headphones members recommend for home production work. Will be plugging into:

Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ soundcard (built in amp)

Looking for clarity of sound and comfort for under £150

Thanks

for some well under £150 I can recommend Sony MDR V6

you’ll have to get recommendations from people with bigger budgets for the higher cost ones !

hey dude, its all about preference. I have Sennheisers. I love them. In your budget, I would check out the HD380 Pro.

[url]http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD380Pro/[/url]

thanks jonsloan re Sony’s

just watched youtube video plus amazon are doing them for £59 (free delivery)

don’t want to spend £150 if i don’t have to

cheers

thanks howiegroove: i have seinheiser hd25-mk11 for djing and love the sound quality and build quality. want some that go over the ears for production so the HD series look good

cheers

[quote]si westfield (09/09/2010)[hr]thanks howiegroove: i have seinheiser hd25-mk11 for djing and love the sound quality and build quality. want some that go over the ears for production so the HD series look good

cheers[/quote]

Yeah, my HD’s are amazing and comfy. I can have them on for a few hours with no problems at all.

I really like using my Sony MDR V700 for headphone monitoring as there is really nice all round clarity.

I find the Sennheiser HD25 tends to be more low end responsive and not much around the mid / high’s, which is great for DJing but for production not so much.

hands down Audio-Technica ,especially within that range.

if you know how to shop around, for like a 110 dollars you can get a pair of ATH M50’s that will amaze you.

Some awful recommendations here. Sony MDR’s? wtf guys, really? I got a pair right in front of me now are they are one of the worst head phones I ever used (other then Ipod ones lol).

In that price range for production its these

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dt-990/805

They the best frequency response I’ve head in headphones, which is what you want for production.

Read this review. It compares the dt990 pros with other HP’s in the same price range (including Sennheiser’s and Audio-Technica). The DT 990’s win by a long way in both frequency response and tracking! I’ve got a pair and can testify to how good they are for the price. Much better then anything else I’ve tried. Read the review anyway mate. And there loads more stuff on that site so you will find the pair for you somewhere on there.

http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO-Headphones-Review-715/Performance.htm

Just make sure you don’t get MDR’s tho! :smiley:

horses for course! I like my Sony’s much better than the Sennheisers I had before

[quote]bobby lupo (09/09/2010)[hr]hands down Audio-Technica ,especially within that range.
if you know how to shop around, for like a 110 dollars you can get a pair of ATH M50’s that will amaze you.[/quote]

WORD!! very recommended…

Just my own experience…

I’ve the HD25 MKII’s - Really like them.

Bass is definitely hyped in them… but if you hear bass, there is Bass.

Just needs a minor adjustment when you listen back on monitors.

[quote]onetwoseven (09/09/2010)[hr]Some awful recommendations here. Sony MDR’s? wtf guys, really? I got a pair right in front of me now are they are one of the worst head phones I ever used (other then Ipod ones lol).

[/quote]

I really like this guy. He’s funny as shiz!

check out this from Sound on Sound:

[url=http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan10/articles/studioheadphones.htm]SOS Past Articles now online (back to January 1994)

I’ve managed to break every pair of Sony’s I’ve ever owned.

Have a look at the AKG range. Arguably the best studio heaphones out there for your price range

I hear good things of beats by dre

[quote]bouffont (09/09/2010)[hr]I’ve managed to break every pair of Sony’s I’ve ever owned.

[/quote]

A-funkin-men

SONY HEADPHONES BLOW!

[quote]jpgetty2win (09/09/2010)[hr]I hear good things of beats by dre[/quote]

I always thought those were more consumer end then high/studio end.

[quote]howiegroove (09/09/2010)[hr][quote]bouffont (09/09/2010)[hr]I’ve managed to break every pair of Sony’s I’ve ever owned.

[/quote]

A-funkin-men

SONY HEADPHONES BLOW![/quote]

Yeah the build quality is so bad on them! MRD’s I got now used to be my dads, he seen the light now tho and has some sennheiser’s haha

I only use the MRD for DJing, and that’s coz their the only closed can’s I got right now. Every time I take them on and off i feel like they’re bout to break. They feel so cheap and badly made, I know they’re gonna break sooner rather then later.

Had a few sony in ear noise isolation HP’s years ago, both pair’s of them I had broke. Ughh, just no to Sony HP’s! Don’t do it!!

[quote]howiegroove (09/09/2010)[hr][quote]jpgetty2win (09/09/2010)[hr]I hear good things of beats by dre[/quote]

I always thought those were more consumer end then high/studio end.[/quote]

was reading the laidback luke forum. someone asked the same question about mixing headphones and was recommended these quite alot. aswell as stanton dj pro 2000s