Can we please have an update/response on the 2 trance topics in the tutorial forum?

what wreaks my head the most is the trance tutorial didnt even show the completed track first i just went right into it and i was really confusied… i think we should see more marcel woods or richard durand type trance tuts to get away from the more typical trance genre that i think is really outdated

id rather dnb in ableton tutorial :stuck_out_tongue:

More R&B tuts in Fruity Loops please.

yeh how to sound like usher please!!

everyone is so up in arms about this trance tutorial. why not put what you have learned so far from the other 100+ hours of videos and practice instead of using one formula. No one will ever be happy.

LOL - A tut on Ushers Dance moves please :smiley:

[quote]howiegroove (08/12/2010)[hr]everyone is so up in arms about this trance tutorial. why not put what you have learned so far from the other 100+ hours of videos and practice instead of using one formula. No one will ever be happy.[/quote]

Agreed!!!..im sure so much time has been wasted logging on to SA just to see if “they” have had a response to when a trance tut is coming.

+1 for usher :smiley:

Lol i love how all these techno people are telling us to chill out :stuck_out_tongue: All we want is an update im sure if Phil or Bry just gave some sort of update then it would put alot of this to rest. How popular trance is shouldnt matter, when you skim over the list of names involved with SA you would expect the place to be filled with trance. Phil has said he doesnt feel trance so much which is fair enough BUT your always gonna be best at what you started off doing. I mean can someone name me a dj that took a radical change in direction and was still as popular afterwards?

Jimmy Saville?

Eric Morillo (Reel to Real)

Tiesto

Lol i dont know what planet your on! Tiesto is nowhere near as popular as he was ten years ago and alot of die hard tiesto fans are up in arms about his new style. I still think hes pretty damn good though but nowhere near as good as he was at the time when he played the olympics etc

[quote]jjdejong0 (08/12/2010)[hr] BUT your always gonna be best at what you started off doing. I mean can someone name me a dj that took a radical change in direction and was still as popular afterwards?[/quote]

Tiesto started off doing Gabba and Hardcore…then took the “Radical” change to trance. I do believe he became more popular from doing this…

oh yeah, Earth by the way :wink:

Not rly a radical change most sounds were similair also Tiesto even said he produced hardcore/gabba by himself and didnt rly get anywhere but he SERIOUSLY started producing trance. Im talking about the genre that you are most well known for, the one that made you big and famous, cos that is probably the one you spent most time on and worked hardest for. Your obviously not on Earth if you dont see that you are probably best at the genre you are most well known for and had the biggest hits with.

[quote]jjdejong0 (08/12/2010)[hr]Not rly a radical change most sounds were similair also Tiesto even said he produced hardcore/gabba by himself and didnt rly get anywhere but he SERIOUSLY started producing trance. Im talking about the genre that you are most well known for, the one that made you big and famous, cos that is probably the one you spent most time on and worked hardest for. Your obviously not on Earth if you dont see that you are probably best at the genre you are most well known for and had the biggest hits with.[/quote]

OH, so your now saying about the genre you are most well known for and not where you started?? You really do need to be alot clearer in what you are saying…you really do have an answer for everything…

Anyway +1 for a trance tut…happy now?:slight_smile:

Loads of the stuff I’ve been covering in the mrh tut are useful in a trance tune… The sweeps and crashes especially.

Looks like we won’t be getting a trance tut off Chris any time soon as he’s flat busy with other projects.

I’m happy to do it next if you don’t want to wait.

Tuts are taking abut long as I’m trying to raise the quality and make them mire advanced which just takes longer… Mrh will be wrapped up soon with full mixdown etc. Then I’ll start on a new trance tune.

Get as many links going to the refrence tracks.

[quote]phil johnston (09/12/2010)[hr] Then I’ll start on a new trance tune. get as many links going to the refrence tracks.

[/quote]

(Jan ejaculates) :wink:

Haha

phil u solved all problems! thanks for the response. hopefully we won’t hear anymore ???

:smiley:

[quote]phil johnston (09/12/2010)[hr]

Get as many links going to the refrence tracks.

[/quote]

This was mentioned before but no one seemed to want to start a half decent thread about it.

Personally I think when you want a tutorial you should Make the HTSL thread and Include not only song Types that you like but also effects, Rolls Build and Drops that you like and then this gives phil much more to work with.