Can we please have an update/response on the 2 trance topics in the tutorial forum?

Yeah sorry Jon i cant agree with you. At the core, trance is trance but its always changing. todays trance sounds radically different i think if we got a tutorial like the minimal tech or mainroom house series we would all be very happy. Its just the trance tutorial they have up now is very old sounding, if you sent something like that to any trance label they would laugh at you. Also another big point is when you look at the tutors and people involved with SA you would expect the place to be filled with trance. its very easy to call us whiners when you have stuff and tutorials tht you want opposed to people who have been asking for aaaages and getting good support and either getting ignored/no updates etc etc

[quote]jjdejong0 (02/01/2011)[hr]Yeah sorry Jon i cant agree with you. At the core, trance is trance but its always changing. todays trance sounds radically different i think if we got a tutorial like the minimal tech or mainroom house series we would all be very happy. Its just the trance tutorial they have up now is very old sounding, if you sent something like that to any trance label they would laugh at you. Also another big point is when you look at the tutors and people involved with SA you would expect the place to be filled with trance. its very easy to call us whiners when you have stuff and tutorials tht you want opposed to people who have been asking for aaaages and getting good support and either getting ignored/no updates etc etc[/quote]

wah wah wah

[quote]Jon_fisher (02/01/2011)[hr]Really ??? i think people need to go an have a look round at SA’s competition and you’ll notice that you get what you are given.

Here we are lucky enough to get our say in what may come next.

I don’t really want to judge but personally i think that even when the trance guys get their tutorials they won’t be happy with them. Boneidol got a hard dance tutorial and wasn’t happy because the track didn’t sound how he wanted it. already we’ve mentioned in the past their are trance tutorials but apparently they are not good enough.

Personally i would rather have more tutorials like the reverb, compression and **** like that than how to sound like.

House is House and trance is trance even if they change slightly over the years most of the patterns still remain the same with the same basic principles. the videos should be their to show you this and not how to cover all the different styles and sounds.

We get the tech tips and get that sound so why not ask for more of the sounds you want rather than blah blah blah about the next house, techno, trance…[/quote]

+1

[quote]Jon_fisher (02/01/2011)[hr]Really ??? i think people need to go an have a look round at SA’s competition and you’ll notice that you get what you are given.

Here we are lucky enough to get our say in what may come next.

I don’t really want to judge but personally i think that even when the trance guys get their tutorials they won’t be happy with them. Boneidol got a hard dance tutorial and wasn’t happy because the track didn’t sound how he wanted it. already we’ve mentioned in the past their are trance tutorials but apparently they are not good enough.

Personally i would rather have more tutorials like the reverb, compression and **** like that than how to sound like.

House is House and trance is trance even if they change slightly over the years most of the patterns still remain the same with the same basic principles. the videos should be their to show you this and not how to cover all the different styles and sounds.

We get the tech tips and get that sound so why not ask for more of the sounds you want rather than blah blah blah about the next house, techno, trance…[/quote]

Yet people still got given a ‘main room house’ tutorial which is a clear contradiction to what you’re preaching Jon, you only have to look the training videos list to see that over 80% of the videos is House, but yet SA still felt that a main room House tutorial series was needed.

Why? Because it was requested…

Trance is also being requested and has done for some time by a multitude of members, it’s very wrong for SA to cut off their nose to spite their face, because in the end of the day… they are still customers, and those customers will leave if continuely ignored (i’ve read a few people saying this already which is why i mentioned this).

The irony is those members are much much more loyal to SA, including regularly posting and contributing on the forums than all the people who requested the main room house tutorials!?!

Who should SA be looking after most? The people who contribute and support the site? Or the people who can’t even be bothered to subscribe to SA? Let alone bother to post / contribute on the forums?

I love watching any tutorials videos on the site and as you know i’m a House producer through and through, but I too do think it’s time to see some new Trance tutorials. If but only for the sheer fact of how technical trance production is, a skill that would benefit anyone on this site, regardless of what genre they prefer to produce.

[quote]jjdejong0 (02/01/2011)[hr]Yeah sorry Jon i cant agree with you. At the core, trance is trance but its always changing. todays trance sounds radically different i think if we got a tutorial like the minimal tech or mainroom house series we would all be very happy. Its just the trance tutorial they have up now is very old sounding, if you sent something like that to any trance label they would laugh at you. Also another big point is when you look at the tutors and people involved with SA you would expect the place to be filled with trance. its very easy to call us whiners when you have stuff and tutorials tht you want opposed to people who have been asking for aaaages and getting good support and either getting ignored/no updates etc etc[/quote]

to be fair theirs not really anything thats covered what I’m into and in all fairness i hated house until i joined this forum, I’m very much into trance (listening wise) and don’t really think its changed all that much in the almost 20 years I’ve been listening to it, sure the tempo has changed both up and down and the sounds have to but the same basic principles are there and i think that a few synthesis tutorials will help more than whats being asked for.

thats just my opinion though, personally i don’t mind which tutorials are covered never have and never will. I also hope you guys get your tutorial even if i don’t think i would be as helpful.

[quote]Roben (02/01/2011)[hr][quote]Jon_fisher (02/01/2011)[hr][/quote]

Yet people still got given a ‘main room house’ tutorial which is a clear contradiction to what you’re preaching Jon, you only have to look the training videos list to see that over 80% of the videos is House, but yet SA still felt that a main room House tutorial series was needed.

Why? Because it was requested…

Trance is also being requested and has done for some time by a multitude of members, it’s very wrong for SA to cut off their nose to spite their face, because in the end of the day… they are still customers, and those customers will leave if continuely ignored (i’ve read a few people saying this already which is why i mentioned this).

The irony is those members are much much more loyal to SA, including regularly posting and contributing on the forums than all the people who requested the main room house tutorials!?!

Who should SA be looking after most? The people who contribute and support the site? Or the people who can’t even be bothered to subscribe to SA? Let alone bother to post / contribute on the forums?

I love watching any tutorials videos on the site and as you know i’m a House producer through and through, but I too do think it’s time to see some new Trance tutorials. If but only for the sheer fact of how technical trance production is, a skill that would benefit anyone on this site, regardless of what genre they prefer to produce.

[/quote]

roben there is no contradiction and I’m not preaching anything personally I’ve not watched the House tutorial and i wish SA would stop doing this HTSL it teaches me nothing that i don’t already know, if you would just open your eyes then you’ll realise that learning about the tools you are using would make it a snap to work out the sound you want with out having countless “sound Like” tutorials.

also you bring up that people request it!!! you have to realise that if this is the case then house will always win as the people requesting trance could be counted on one hand, compared to all the people requesting house.

Personally i don’t think the requesting tutorials is the right way to do things and think SA should just make tutorials and release them rather than asking us, thats why i say we are lucky to get this option but this is also a bad thing as its rarely ever going to be what you request that gets covered if you like something different to the masses.

I do agree with you Jon about the HTSL thing, it does very often tend to cover ground that’s already been covered I fully agree!

For example a lot of the main room house videos covered ground that had already been covered in previous videos but i watched them hoping some occasional good tips will be mentioned, there are some, but they could have all been put into a small handful of videos as opposed to the 40+ that was there.

Perhaps more ‘tech tips’ videos rather than htsl?

I’ll tell you straight down the line what I mainly want to see with the trance tutorial…

the mixing (down) and the synthesis.

my personal opinion would be to see the HTSL not covered for this year but the masses would greatly vote against me on that one. although i watched parts of the minimal techno, tech house ones and dubstep fidget and all the others the ones that i really enjoyed. the last one i actually sat and watched from start to finish are the ones on reverb, compression, synthesis and such which is what we need.

the trance tutorial has my backing 100% if thats what you guys want, however i don’t think its what you need.

I really like the tutorials on SA with exeption of the trance ones. Their just not very good compared to the rest of the content. Tbh i just feel for all us trance lovers and its very annoying being constantly ignored.

[quote]jjdejong0 (02/01/2011)[hr]I really like the tutorials on SA with exeption of the trance ones. Their just not very good compared to the rest of the content. Tbh i just feel for all us trance lovers and its very annoying being constantly ignored.[/quote]

yeah and we say something about it and the whole place comes down on us like a ton of bricks, there is some degree of music snobbery here I must say

[quote]Roben (02/01/2011)[hr]

Perhaps more ‘tech tips’ videos rather than htsl?

[quote]gofunk (03/01/2011)[hr][quote]jjdejong0 (02/01/2011)[hr]I really like the tutorials on SA with exeption of the trance ones. Their just not very good compared to the rest of the content. Tbh i just feel for all us trance lovers and its very annoying being constantly ignored.[/quote]

yeah and we say something about it and the whole place comes down on us like a ton of bricks, there is some degree of music snobbery here I must say[/quote]

to be fair the whole place has never really come down on you for asking for this maybe mark or some of the others have put comments but I’m sure thats all done tongue in cheek.