CLR / Dark Techno Production Thread

I’ll tell him when he gets older :smiley:

Well - Anyone want to share any stuff? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Sure, I’ll add something. Give me an hour or so…

A roof making tut? :wink:

Haha, no but it does involve some outdoor ventures.

Though this was funny.

A pie chart of the ages / sex of the people that have looked at the reverb kick vid.

All male & mostly over 30  :slight_smile:

Female - 0% :hehe:

Sexist bastard :smiley:

Nah… 100% Male just means that there were no tranceheads looking at it :wink:

All trance heads are poly sexual … and that makes them cool in my book …of pollynesses

:smiley:

Polysexual?

Video coming soon… CLR Soundbed

J

[quote]egg2 (28/05/2011)[hr]All trance heads are poly sexual … and that makes them cool in my book …of pollynesses

:D[/quote]

A Vid of polysexuals in bed with Chris L?

[quote]JamieinNC (28/05/2011)[hr]Polysexual?

Video coming soon… CLR Soundbed

J

[quote]egg2 (28/05/2011)[hr]All trance heads are poly sexual … and that makes them cool in my book …of pollynesses
:D[/quote][/quote]

Yessssssssss…

[quote]ICN (29/05/2011)[hr]A Vid of polysexuals in bed with Chris L?

[/quote]

I messed up screenflow so the sound from Ableton doesn’t start until a few minutes in, so just give it time. That’s my fault. I had to mute something within Screenflow and it muted everything before that…

Do it again you cnut! :smiley:

______________________________-

Thats deadly Jamie. Looping stuff is where its at. Live is a natural for making mental sh!t.

Got a good few ideas from that :cool:

Interesting you were saying about the 200hz thing. Was watching a vid last week with a FM Magazine. Someone mentioned it… in a mastering context.

Was messing about today & boosted 200hz - sounded very boomy. Everything sounded better with it reduced a bit. I’ll remember to keep it up for sure now… :slight_smile:

Haha! I love it when you call me that. I would do it again but I deleted the b1tch before I could redo it. I might be able to restore it from the time capsule, but I’m not sure!

Yes, Tomy DeClerque mentioned it about 200Hz, that’s right! I remember thinking to myself, “hey he does that too! Cool!”

Hope the tips help out a bit!

J

[quote]ICN (29/05/2011)[hr]Do it again you cnut! :smiley:

______________________________-

Thats deadly Jamie. Looping stuff is where its at.Live is a natural for making mental sh!t.

Got a good few ideas from that :cool:

Interesting you were saying about the 200hz thing. Was watching a vid last week with a FM Magazine. Someone mentioned it… in a mastering context.

Was messing about today & boosted 200hz - sounded very boomy. Everything sounded better with it reduced a bit. I’ll remember to keep it up for sure now… :)[/quote]

Did you see that? Was great to see how he worked with loops / making a beat. He knows exactly what he’s at. Very confident Guy.

Wasnt reluctant to educate either - so respect. I’ve watched it twice already - he gives a lot of clues away.

Found his EQ’ing very interesting. Just a bit off the top & bottom. Obvoiusly if you have the right sound in the right part of the mix, no need to scoop it all out to death. Makes sense.

I really enjoyed the videos he made as well! But of course, you do realize that guy is using some of the most sophisticated and awesome-sounding plugs to make his tracks, right? A.I.R.

Not exactly common among folks with bedroom studios, I can tell you that. He has some big guns, there. I like his music! It’s definitely quirky, but again I deviate more towards those who are darker and have more “concept” sounds as opposed to the typical sounds one expects to hear in a minimal/tech house track. He certainly does have his process down, though. That’s for sure!

J

[quote]ICN (29/05/2011)[hr]Did you see that? Was great to see how he worked with loops / making a beat. He knows exactly what he’s at. Very confident Guy.

Wasnt reluctant to educate either - so respect. I’ve watched it twice already - he gives a lot of clues away.

Found his EQ’ing very interesting. Just a bit off the top & bottom. Obvoiusly if you have the right sound in the right part of the mix, no need to scoop it all out to death. Makes sense.[/quote]

He’s got one or 2 tracks that are dark(er)… but yeah - the majority of it is techhy housey sh!tty. Wouldnt be on my watch list at all.

Still - lots of respect due. Some good info in there.

Another nice video :slight_smile:

I had been messing about with some samples this week along those lines and found some nice results with loading the samples into sampler and adding a bit of FM synthesis plus you have three LFO’s to play around with.

I would love to do a vid i will have to get a mic somewhere or borrow jon fishers :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL

I’ll donate a 5’r towards posting it to ya 5id! :wink:

Have never used sampler really - must give it a look :cool:

If you have some nice samples set up in simpler you can click simplers header bar and change it to sampler.

I love the filters in sampler :smiley: