D.CAM Synth Squad

Alright, those that know me know that I am not a sound designer by any stretch of the word. I will say though this soft synth sounds absolutely AMAZING and it is extremely easy to use. I would like to say that it is about as straight forward as Sylenth but more powerful and it sounds way better. I was designing bass sounds and had a couple cranked out immediately without even cracking the manual (which I plan on reading at work tomorrow :wink: ). Anyone in the market to purchase a soft synth soon, should definately look at this bad boy. It is UNREAL! I might as well throw everything out the door. This is pretty much all Iā€™m gonna use. I would liken it to a Nord Lead or a Virus in terms of a producers go to synth. It can do it all. If anyone wants, Iā€™ll make a patch and upload it for all to hear if you want. Just let me know the sound youā€™re after and I will do my best to make it so you can hear.

If i had money Itā€™s sure Iā€™d have bought this oneā€¦ but would be cool to hear some samples ā€¦

[quote]howiegroove Honestly, I really dont consider myself a ā€œSound Programmerā€. Not that it wouldnt come in handy, but I really dont think that there is much I cant do with Sylenth, Massive, Minimoog, Operator, and any other synth I have that I cant think about off hand.

[/quote]

So I see you changed your tune on this one :slight_smile:

I assume you bought it as there are no demoā€™s available.

playing about with it myself.

quite processor intensive is its only downfall

very impressed so far apart from that

when you say cpu intensive how bad is it, i am only running a 2.0 Ghz duo core mac would i be ok running it

got these today as wellā€¦they are pretty decent so far! fusor mucks up my midi sometimes in ableton 8 but.

from a ruff test i just did cypher is about on par in computer intensity with massive both init. so they arnt mega intense just not as light as alot of others.

looks great way out of my price range at the mo though:crying:

[quote]g-hunter (8/19/2009)[hr][quote]howiegroove Honestly, I really dont consider myself a ā€œSound Programmerā€. Not that it wouldnt come in handy, but I really dont think that there is much I cant do with Sylenth, Massive, Minimoog, Operator, and any other synth I have that I cant think about off hand.

[/quote]

So I see you changed your tune on this one :slight_smile:

I assume you bought it as there are no demoā€™s available.[/quote]

I didnt have a tune to begin with! :smiley:

I saw the light.

[quote]chris17 (8/19/2009)[hr]looks great way out of my price range at the mo though:crying:[/quote]

Seriously thoughā€¦if you have to spend on a new synth. Do yourself a favor. Get this one! I probably wonā€™t touch Sylenth or Operator anymore. I was thinking about getting the Mopho, but this is the Mopho and so much more for a fraction of the cost.

[quote]howiegroove (8/19/2009)[hr]I was thinking about getting the Mopho[/quote]

You made the right choice. I bought a Mopho recently and sent it back after a week! Yes its true its analogue and you really can tell that but it was such a nightmare to edit and work with. The software editor (which you had to pay another Ā£40 for (the pro version anyway)) wasnt vst or au so wouldā€™nt map to my remote sl, the build quality was so bad it made me laugh and its sounds were quite limited. If your going to buy a hardware synth buy a decent one with full hands on controls.

D.cam is way better value.

Ā£160 for this synth is a bargin! Its 3 synths in 1 plus some more. If you buy from digital village you also get the v-station for free.

[quote]howiegroove (8/18/2009)[hr] I would liken it to a Nord Lead or a Virus in terms of a producers go to synth. It can do it all. If anyone wants, Iā€™ll make a patch and upload it for all to hear if you want. Just let me know the sound youā€™re after and I will do my best to make it so you can hear.[/quote]

Hi Howie if you get 5 chuck us an audio example of a supersaw made with dcam.

that should prove a useful test :smiley:

yeah ā€¦ would be cool to get some waves to put it in SIMPLER while waiting for buying it ā€¦plz master :smiley: ā€¦

So ā€¦

Iā€™d want a half pound of reese, then two pieces of that delicious acid bass and to finish iā€™d like a pound of that roasted dirty saw ā€¦ itā€™s for my dinner tonite.:smiley:

I will work on it for everyone.

Hey Bry,

You ever think you are gonna do some tutorials on the synth like you did with Sylenth? Crapā€¦Iā€™ll pay someone to give me a course in the synth to be on the fast track.

iā€™ll look into the super saw tonight :slight_smile:

[quote]krome (8/19/2009)[hr][quote]howiegroove (8/18/2009)[hr] I would liken it to a Nord Lead or a Virus in terms of a producers go to synth. It can do it all. If anyone wants, Iā€™ll make a patch and upload it for all to hear if you want. Just let me know the sound youā€™re after and I will do my best to make it so you can hear.[/quote]

Hi Howie if you get 5 chuck us an audio example of a supersaw made with dcam.

that should prove a useful test :smiley:

[/quote]

do you have a sample of a supersaw created on a virus or jp8080 for comparison that you could upload ???

http://files.me.com/howard.kiss/vld2s2.wav]

Hey all, Jon made a detuned saw for u to hear. check it out and holla back!

Whats up guys,

I am thinking about buying a soft synth pretty soon. I was thinking either sylenth or subboom bass. Anybody think I should go with the dcam instead. Its 4 synths in one for a little extra cash. Those of you that have these synths would be a better judge on which one I should get.

I tried subboom bass and wasnt impressed. Its basically a cut down version of predator tailored for garage type subby bass although did not find the results overly impressive. Depends what your after I suppose. There will be more tutorials for sylenths but then again synth squad has just came out and so things may change. Both are equally good synth in there own right.

[quote]howiegroove (8/20/2009)[hr]http://files.me.com/howard.kiss/vld2s2.wav]

Hey all, Jon made a detuned saw for u to hear. check it out and holla back![/quote]

Yeah this sample was just a simple saw stack and detune, 16 voice, in single unison mode. i would much prefer to here the sound of the supersaw to hear how it sounds from the machines quoted.

btw howard links not working for me bud