Deadmau5 collapses on stage!

Interesting article…

[url]deadmau5 Collapses On Stage, Cancels Upcoming Shows – Synthtopia

Although I think he is an egotistical deuchebag, I don’t wish harm on him or anyone. Hope he gets better.

mouse trap?

just kidding, I hope he gets better soon…to many gigs?

[quote]seanl (02/08/2010)[hr]mouse trap?

just kidding, I hope he gets better soon…to many gigs?

[/quote]

They say its exhaustion.

someone videod it and its on youtube you have to watch carefully but you can make out him taking off his headset before disapearing and the music stopping

Hope he gets better. Like him or not he’s been going nonstop for a while now. maybe he’ll finally take some time off.

Rat poison or bad cheese?

what’s the tune?

feel sorry for the guy, he’s certainly burning the candle at both ends with work, performing and social.

Not surprised!

I’d be exausted doing this many countries in such short space of time and these are the ones he had to cancel:

* August 1st Osheaga Music & Arts Festival, Canada

* August 7th Summersonic Osaka Japan

* August 8th Summersonic Tokyo Japan

* August 12th Cream at Amnesia Ibiza

* August 13th Cocorico Riccione Italy

* August 14th Papaya Summer Festival Croatia

* August 15th Sziget Festival Budapest Hungary

* August 17th Cavo Paradiso Mykonos Greece

* August 18th Opium Mar Barcelona Spain

Nuts.

Although I obviously wouldnt turn them down :wink:

Must be a hard life getting to travel the world performing to thousands of people who enjoy your music and getting paid well for the pleasure.

Hope he gets better soon, he’s been on the go for couple years now non stop, it’s gonna take it’s toll on anyone to be honest.

[quote]Aapie (02/08/2010)[hr]what’s the tune?

feel sorry for the guy, he’s certainly burning the candle at both ends with work, performing and social.

[/quote]

i think its called “strobe”

I met Joel recently, personally I dont like that guy he is an egoistic douche, but man can that douche put on a show !

[quote]chris17 (02/08/2010)[hr][quote]Aapie (02/08/2010)[hr]what’s the tune?

[/quote]

i think its called “strobe”[/quote]

ah, it certainly is… not a massive fan of the deadmau5 but that tune has lovely melodies.

[quote]roben (02/08/2010)[hr]

* August 1st Osheaga Music & Arts Festival, Canada
* August 7th Summersonic Osaka Japan
* August 8th Summersonic Tokyo Japan
* August 12th Cream at Amnesia Ibiza
* August 13th Cocorico Riccione Italy
* August 14th Papaya Summer Festival Croatia
* August 15th Sziget Festival Budapest Hungary
* August 17th Cavo Paradiso Mykonos Greece
* August 18th Opium Mar Barcelona Spain
[/quote]

Yeh must be difficult doing 2 hours work a day and getting paid an absolute fortune to do it and I thought I had it hard working 42 hours a week…

travel that much into different time zone s etc… totally messes you up physically, constantly changing weather and so on.

Touring for any artist is an absoloute nightmare, and that schedule is horrific.

I used to travel a lot for business and it messes you up both physically and mentally regardless of whether you’re just going for a two hour meeting (or performance) or not. That schedule of his is mental. That’s a LOT of time travelling with little rest.

Funny seeing people trying to defend the exhaustion argument. As a former Marine infantry machinegunner I can tell you the human body is capable of withstanding much much more than what a hectic DJ schedule can throw at you. Either he is a really weak human or substances played a role. Think about it. Either way, hope he gets better and back to producing.

Well to be honest its his own fault - he did not have to have such a tight schedule and I am sure he has made a little cash from his exploits. And as the previous post siggests substances or alchol probably didn’t help

That said hope he recovers quickly

[quote]stylz (04/08/2010)[hr]Funny seeing people trying to defend the exhaustion argument. As a former Marine infantry machinegunner I can tell you the human body is capable of withstanding much much more than what a hectic DJ schedule can throw at you. Either he is a really weak human or substances played a role. Think about it. Either way, hope he gets better and back to producing.[/quote]

im not trying to hate on the guy,especially while hes passed out, but ive met him before(maybe 2-2.5 years ago) and the weak human thing is plausible.

[quote]stylz (04/08/2010)[hr]As a former Marine infantry machinegunner I can tell you the human body is capable of withstanding much much more than what a hectic DJ schedule can throw at you.[/quote]

Of course, but then the average DJ (or human) doesn’t have the psychological and physical training that a marine does and his body/mind would not be in the same peak physical condition that an active marine’s is in.

It’s possible that drink/drugs played a part but that would be speculation. It’s possible that he ‘brought it on himself’ for taking on so much work but we don’t know what external pressures he was put under to do that type of tour.

In any event, for a regular (not highly trained military) person, that much traveling and work is exhausting.

There are djs out there though with busier schedules that cope fine! Look at richie hawtins for example now that is nuts! Its the drugs and booze that made him collapse not his work schedule - he gets no sympathy from me.

It’s probably a bit unfair to automatically assume it’s drink and drugs. I mean who knows, it could be, but the late nights, awkward flight times, long travel and lack of sleep amongst other things can be really taxing on the mind and body.

Different people cope in different ways.